Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for you, with love:
man-up-but-im-a-cheerleader.gif
I will admit that this made me chuckle.

Reactions: Bruce W
Move fast, break things. this is the way.
I don't know how many people have Microsoft Flight Simulator but it has a similar recent history. MSFS is an incredibly old franchise and the 2020 version is a masterpiece in gaming, but it also shares a lot of code with legacy versions. After being tested in a large closed beta, MSFS was released on the PC in August 2020. It has undergone 6 major updates and without fail with each update hundreds of bugs are fixed and new major flaws in key features are reported. More recently, an XBox version was added (after all how many versions of Xbox are there, sorta like Tesla's "four models"?) and the same spasmodic update process has occurred on that platform too. It's the nature of software development that occurs over a decade or more.

Reactions: Wnuk
I imagine a lot of people are waiting to hear what the results are with 10.3.1. Like others, I am at work and got it via LTE. I want to install once I hear how things are with it...
Got it over LTE also was surprised they pushed it over LTE and didn't wait till overnight when more people are on wifi. Looking forward to testing it on my way home tonight.

I didn’t get booted. I’m still on 10.3. :)

In addition to everything else I said (as to why I disagree with your educated guess), remember that many of the private beta testers (primarily social media influencers who have been testing the beta software for over a year) got booted. Do you think Elon is going to make these VIPs establish a safety score (especially since they were hand-picked by Tesla a year ago) to now prove themselves of deserving access to the beta by getting a requisite safety score? What about the 1000 or so Tesla employees who also participated in private beta testing? No way!!! Elon may not give a d*mn about me, but he surely cares about his employees and the Tesla fanboys who have been making FSD videos, regular posting on various social media platforms, and praising Tesla’s every move.

So, in my opinion, Tesla is going to restore everyone who got initially upgraded to 10.3. It does not require some complex level of coding (esp when compared to the coding required to design/implement self-driving software).

Since you are rarely wrong and since I am rarely wrong, how about a friendly wager? Loser buys the other one a plaid? 😉
I was only referring to those that did get booted. If you are still on 10.3 you lost nothing. If your FSD wheel is missing it will come back. Folks formerly on Beta 10.2 were probably not forced to revert back to non Beta but back to 10.2 (10.2 installs did go back up). Those that recently got on 10.3 via Drive Score and got reverted (forced) off beta and now have low scores (due to FCW bug) I suspect will have get their scores up to get back in. Not the end of the world. I’d be pissed too. It will take Tesla longer to patch things up than for you to get your score back up to 99 with 100 miles.

Maybe Tesla can issue a SQL command and delete all driver scoring with 10.3 installed and not hard.

Sure I’ll bet a Plaid, a toy one Amazon ;)

FYI. 10.3.1 installing now. I was never on 10.2 and got lucky I wasn’t booted.

Also got the email and the push. Email seems the same as the first "welcome to FSD Beta" message that went out with 10.2.

It's rolling out fast. I hope all you guys that got put back to production with Safety Scores are made whole!

I was only referring to those that did get booted. If you are still on 10.3 you lost nothing. If your FSD wheel is missing it will come back. Folks formerly on Beta 10.2 were probably not forced to revert back to non Beta but back to 10.2
Still wrong, nobody got booted and those who were previously on 10.2 were updated to a non beta. Like I said before, even those who were on pre v10 FSD builds were pushed to non beta with the 36.5.1 update.

Reactions: nvx1977