Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.3.1 rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed the exact same behavior. It doesn’t replicate normal turning behavior that a human would expect. Hopefully this will get fixed.
This particular point was a topic in the Elon Tweets thread. There is/was a guy called @arnenthehacker who represented himself as a Tesla FSD insider, which could be but seemed very doubtful to many including myself.

Someone asked him when this behavior, using the bike lane as a spillover right-turn lane, would come to FSD. He responded (on Twitter) with a comment about protecting cyclists/pedestrians, a comment that I found poorly thought-out and strongly refuted (on TMC).

In any case, if FSD fails to use that lane when other drivers are going to use it, whether totally legal or not, it causes the FSD car to get boxed out from the turn and then impedes through traffic behind the FSD car. This also occurs with inadequately long painted left turn bass in heavy traffic. If you don't start lining up for the left turn before the official turn lane begins, you'll get boxed out in the same way.

These are just two of the many, many scenarios in which FSD needs to bend or break the rules to fit into the normal operation and flow of traffic. The use of bike lanes for turning is legal in some jurisdictions, illegal in some, and conditionally legal in some. But almost everyone does it almost everywhere.

Some have luck disabling sentry, removing drive and then resetting the car (without reattaching the drive). If all works well, then you can add the drive and reenable sentry.
Thanks, any links to discussions of this? Tried it and didn’t seem to work, but not sure what exactly “resetting the car” entails (two button reboot sufficient, our power off/on, something else?).

Thanks, any links to discussions of this? Tried it and didn’t seem to work, but not sure what exactly “resetting the car” entails (two button reboot sufficient, our power off/on, something else?).
I believe this is a different issue with the previous build. The FSD computer appears to be completely non-functioning, no ability to calibrate cameras, no cruise control. no visualizations, etc.

The Good News is that I have mobile appointment scheduled for November 4th! lol

I did email the beta team and received the automated default reply. Hopefully we get a overnite fix.
IMG_0161.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mkc731
I believe this is a different issue with the previous build. The FSD computer appears to be completely non-functioning, no ability to calibrate cameras, no cruise control. no visualizations, etc.

I did email the beta team and received the automated default reply. Hopefully we get a overnite fix. View attachment 725780
Interesting, yours seems to be a different issue than the one I’m having, as I do get visualizations of lane lines, stop signs, traffic signs, etc., But I am not able to engage FSD, auto pilot or cruise control. I have a mobile appointment for Wednesday and I’ve emailed the FSD Beta team, so hopefully there’s a fix soon.

Does the reverse parking absolutely need two white-painted lines, or do you think it could work to park in a residential driveway? The next step would be to back into the garage or carport reliably, with no danger of scraping, while watching for kids and pets etc.
It’s perpendicular only! So I think today it works either between cars or between lines. Parallel should be unchanged. But I haven’t tested thoroughly!

I did email the beta team and received the automated default reply. Hopefully we get a overnite fix. View attachment 725780
Quick update: .36.5.3 was pushed again to my car tonight and everything is working fine now.

Reactions: alexgr and EVNow
It’s perpendicular only! So I think today it works either between cars or between lines. Parallel should be unchanged. But I haven’t tested thoroughly!
I was thinking of the typical short concrete driveway that is usually perpendicular to the street. So the car could pull slightly past it and then be told to reverse-park into that perpendicular driveway.

My guess is that, at this time, it won't recognize that unless perhaps you paint two or three white lines on your driveway, to make it look like one or two painted parking stalls. This might work but would tag you as being kind of odd to your neighbors. And would probably raise angst and an agenda item at the next HOA busybody board meeting, if you're in such a neighborhood.

Reactions: helvio
I made a couple of FSD rides around the neighborhood today using 10.3.1. They were OK; it made a couple of mistakes picking the wrong lanes, but nothing dangerous.

The main thing that I didn't like is how it went down the center of streets that don't have a center line. One of them was on a blind curve and I had to disengage.

Overall it was definitely not relaxing, but it should get better and I should get more comfortable with it.

Reactions: alexgr
10.3.1 was very stressful to drive for me..
- stays close to middle in unmarked roads. And then jumps right on oncoming car
- left turns are so jittery.. lots of jerks
- right turns are much better
- does not recognize speed breakers.. jumps with them..

Hopefully it will get better soon.. but please focus really hard when your beta tester. Other people on roads didn't sign up for beta. Stay safe.

Reactions: Matias and nvx1977
10.3.1 was very stressful to drive for me..
- stays close to middle in unmarked roads. And then jumps right on oncoming car
- left turns are so jittery.. lots of jerks
- right turns are much better
- does not recognize speed breakers.. jumps with them..

Hopefully it will get better soon.. but please focus really hard when your beta tester. Other people on roads didn't sign up for beta. Stay safe.
Agreed. The speed bumps are like ramps that it’s trying to launch you off of. Mine also decided to take driveways at 40 MPH and I had to disengage hurriedly.

Reactions: gaspi101
Noticed the same issue on 10.3 which I got on Sunday.... my first beta drive was good second one not; it went like this: one drive I have AP and FSD , next one AP cannot engage... repeat.
Got 10.3.1 at noon pushed over LTE! Much smoother right turn now, still a novice at the beta so I take it slowly.