Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.76 in the P100D, new record...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only a few mph trap less than the almighty Z!

Im so happy the AP2.0 cars are out. Instantly took off 8k off AP1 cars. So perhaps I can pick one up.

Does that mean you are going to sell your rebuilt one really cheap?

And I don't think it really took $8k off AP1 cars, but we will see.. (After all the new AP2 cars cost at least $2k more than AP1 cars when you have AP activated.)

great vid and congrats on the record.

most impressive that the Z06 doesn't claw back the gap in the second half of the track.
Just shows the benefit of Tesla upping the real hp available, which has real meaning on the highway for passing at speed too.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Does that mean you are going to sell your rebuilt one really cheap?

And I don't think it really took $8k off AP1 cars, but we will see.. (After all the new AP2 cars cost at least $2k more than AP1 cars when you have AP activated.)

That AP2.0 got a lot of people excited and Just as many pissed off.

My calculations are based off of current AP vs non AP car pricing, facelift vs nosecone as well as salvage pricing for AP hardware, I came to range of 5 to 8k.

It's funny. I was just thinking of how much it would stink to be the guy that bought a top of the line model S at the beginning of this year, that guy survived a facelift, a battery upgrade AND AP2.

I'm a realist and I know my car is worth less and less everyday, especially with 85s dipping into the 40s. From the get go I've always wanted a P85D, my Z06 traps in the mid 130s so I NEED a fast car.

Nice record, congrats! Did you take all weight out of the car, charging cables, spare light bulbs, owner's manual, driving shades, shelf, lid, everything?

By my calculations, next year we should see 120-130kWh Model S's hitting production, courtesy the 2170 cells. It will be interesting to see how this will affect times. Perhaps not at all? The ~13% more cells in the 100 over the 90 didn't really translate into a lot of time savings. Are we at the limit of these PD motors?

AP 2.0 right now is just hardware. AP 1.0 took a whole year. It's going to be a while before AP 2.0 will deliver all the promises of full self driving. By the time they do deliver even a small subset of that functionality, there will be plenty of other "announcements" and improvements.

Reactions: nagypite
Nice record, congrats! Did you take all weight out of the car, charging cables, spare light bulbs, owner's manual, driving shades, shelf, lid, everything?

By my calculations, next year we should see 120-130kWh Model S's hitting production, courtesy the 2170 cells. It will be interesting to see how this will affect times. Perhaps not at all? The ~13% more cells in the 100 over the 90 didn't really translate into a lot of time savings. Are we at the limit of these PD motors?
Elon says they're going to stop at 100kwhr and go for cheaper and lighter. The current battery probably has some more hp in it that could be used to drive a dual 500 hp setup, big motor up front too.

That AP2.0 got a lot of people excited and Just as many pissed off.

My calculations are based off of current AP vs non AP car pricing, facelift vs nosecone as well as salvage pricing for AP hardware, I came to range of 5 to 8k.

It's funny. I was just thinking of how much it would stink to be the guy that bought a top of the line model S at the beginning of this year, that guy survived a facelift, a battery upgrade AND AP2.

I'm a realist and I know my car is worth less and less everyday, especially with 85s dipping into the 40s. From the get go I've always wanted a P85D, my Z06 traps in the mid 130s so I NEED a fast car.

IMG_2908.JPG