Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t use voice commands? They are super convenient if you get used to them. Kinda like how Siri was hard to get used to at first
Haven't got used to voice commands - just as I never use Siri since I use Android ;) But we do use Alexa a lot - so should be able to get used to voice commands.

One issue I do have with voice commands in the car though is they interrupt listening to music.

I have a mobile tech coming to replace my steering wheel tomorrow because the right thumb wheel quit working.

Did it coincide with the 44.30.10 update?

It’s possible this is one of the reasons why they held it back? All of a sudden scroll wheel service tickets after pushing.

Idk. Just more theories spilling out of my face hole while waiting for beta. 26 days since new additions and counting.

I have a mobile tech coming to replace my steering wheel tomorrow because the right thumb wheel quit working.
Oh so you got my steering wheel, Tesla canceled on me for the forth time. ;) I've been pushed back until Feb 2nd this time. :mad:

When the ranger looked at mine he said it was the switch and they would only replace the switch. He claims it pops out.

Hopefully Tesla will see a spike in switches and go check there code on how they broke it.

Oh so you got my steering wheel, Tesla canceled on me for the forth time. ;) I've been pushed back until Feb 2nd this time. :mad:

When the ranger looked at mine he said it was the switch and they would only replace the switch. He claims it pops out.

Hopefully Tesla will see a spike in switches and go check there code on how they broke it.

The main screen is the only way: Settings --> Autopilot --> adjust "Cruise Follow distance"

I find this annoying when on the highway I want to build a large follow distance before disengaging AP, to avoid getting dinged on my Safety Score.

Wait you have to go into the Autopilot menu to change following distance? That’s rough. I use it very dynamically and would not enjoy it in a menu.

For what it’s worth, safety score doesn’t count 3 seconds after autopilot disengage, so if I need space quickly and no one is close behind me I’ll disengage and immediately stab the brakes real quick to gain some distance before it starts calculating after 3 seconds.

Did it coincide with the 44.30.10 update?

It’s possible this is one of the reasons why they held it back? All of a sudden scroll wheel service tickets after pushing.

Idk. Just more theories spilling out of my face hole while waiting for beta. 26 days since new additions and counting.

It started the 2nd week of November right after a software update. At first a software fix was in the works, then they said replacing the wheel was the only option, and the part finally arrived after 4 rescheduled appointments.

Tesla did confirm to me that software caused the right wheel issue. Why software can't fix it, I don't know.

Tesla did confirm to me that software caused the right wheel issue. Why software can't fix it, I don't know.

For clarification, your specific wheel issue is not related to version 10.9 then, correct?

In your initial post, you allude to your wheel being broken by an update. But this thread is specifically for FSD 10.9. If it's not related, maybe you should open a thread regarding the specific update that broke the wheel feature to avoid confusion for us following this specific version.

Reactions: israndy