Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

10.9 FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 10.9 rollout freeze is still curious. Especially since this would constitute as a broken promise, per Elon's last tweet regarding its ETA.

Elon's timing estimates being wrong is the opposite of curious. ;-)

It would appear that their focus is addressing the heating problems, whatever that entails. It could be as simple as they've declared a Code Red and all other releases are paused for the time being.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Our X is receiving an update to deal with loss of thumb wheel running 10.9 beta. Our S & X lost right thumb wheel with Beta. No update on my S.

Will update when I see if they backed us up to 10.8.1 or sent 10.9.X

Beta downloads instantly took out our right thumb wheels, loosing Temp, phone and text controls. still works for Nav. and reset functions though.

I'm stuck on 10.6 since I got suspended there. I never got an e-mail that I was suspended. No updates since then.

Tesla support says I'm on the correct and current version of FSD and won't help at all.

FSD is a very expensive feature and it's so frustrating that I can't get help. I should have my suspension reset on 10.8 but haven't received it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Our X is receiving an update to deal with loss of thumb wheel running 10.9 beta. Our S & X lost right thumb wheel with Beta. No update on my S.

Beta downloads instantly took out our right thumb wheels, loosing Temp, phone and text controls. still works for Nav. and reset functions though.
Interesting, also curious what version you get. That may explain the pause. A couple mentions of thumb wheel problems showed up here on the forum. Seems like mostly X and S from what I recall. Ours didn't seem to have any trouble, although, I realize I haven't been using the right thumb wheel much lately, so I might have missed it.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow

That explains, for me, why 10.9 seems halted.

I normally get the newest FSD beta versions fairly early. Never got 10.9. But interestingly, I'm not dying waiting for it. Maybe because the perceived incremental improvements between each point release feels small, so while we tend to hope the next version is "mind blowing", reality has shown otherwise. It might be better, but I'm probably not missing much.

The rollout has slowed down considerably the last several days.

Seems like maybe only half or a third of the prior people on beta have been moved to 10.9.

Previously I be been getting beta updates in the first couple of days but right now I’m still stuck on 10.8.1.

Don’t know if maybe they’re going to do a 10.9.1 or something hence the near stoppage the last few days.

And in absolute # of drivers/testers, what would you estimate that to be?
As of now, that's 893 out of roughly 2375 Teslafi subscribers that are running FSD Beta firmware (or ~ 38%). How, the actual vehicle numbers match the wider fleet of FSD Beta testers I don't know. It is very likely that the percentage of the total 16,601 Teslafi subscribers that are FSD Beta testers is higher than across the wider fleet, since these people are more into the full technical experience than most. It's not the raw vehicle numbers that I believe are representative, just the proportion of all FSD beta testers with 10.9 (again 38%) that may be representative.

The rollout has slowed down considerably the last several days.
The rollout stopped on the 19th, 5 days ago (or maybe even the 18th). The number of installs has continued to grow, but that's just because they didn't install it right away. On Teslafi there are still 26 cars that have 10.9, but have not yet installed it.

On Teslafi, the sum of installs + pending installs has been relatively constant (between 910 and 920) since the 19th. I assume that the slight variation indicates that it doesn't count some cars that are in an intermediate state at the time.

Reactions: Matias