Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

100 score but only drove 36 miles. Think I should stop driving today/tomorrow and lock the score in? Or do I need more miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Elon has now said starting friday night they will give FSD to folks with a 100 score:

I have a 100 score! But Elon never mentioned anything about a minimum amount of miles required.

I drove 36 miles these past two weeks, and have a 100 score.

I assumed I needed to get my miles up, and planned on driving today and tomorrow. Now that Elon's spoke, I wonder if I should just stop and lock in my 100 score instead.

What do you guys think!

Reactions: FlatSix911
Sure, I'll let you guys know. If I don't get it then they must either require a PERFECT 100 (my app shows 100 but I lost 0.2% a long time ago for a hard break), or that there is some mile minimum!
Maybe you can add yourself to the tracker? So we'll all be able to see if there was any consideration of mileage

Reactions: FlatSix911
I drove about 2500 miles and got a 99. In thinking of parking mine for a while to just see if I get mine eventually but I worry if I stay inactive for a week or two or however long it takes for me to get it it could effect me

Wish they would make these rules more clear, I had < 100 miles and could have easily gone for a drive on AP before the cutoff, but my guess is that they came up with this mileage minimum after a lot more people got 100s than they expected.

It will be interesting to see what they do next. Wondering if it makes sense to increase mileage now to make it into the next batch.

The people complaining about "I drove less than 100 miles and didn't get it" are hilarious. I would be more than 100 miles if I drove to my mailbox and back over the last two weeks. Less than 7 miles a day 😆 and complaining

I am being completely sarcastic... I agree that the rules needed to be more clear. In fact I wish they had given us a "free day" to see how the scoring system worked. I would have been a solid 100 if I had any inclination that just regent on my car would cause "Hard Braking" and that turning in anything other than granny mode would cause "Aggressive Steering". In and case shout out to all you 7 mile a day people. I envy that commute.

99 with 1,900+ miles...

Last edited:
Not complaining about 100 mile minimum, more complaining about the rules being unclear and actually inconsistent (Elon previously said everyone with a score of 100 would get it). I have multiple cars and purposely chose not to drive the Tesla at times, choosing to prioritize keeping a score of 100 vs adding miles. Had I known there was going to be a mileage minimum I could have easily met it.

I would be more than 100 miles if I drove to my mailbox and back over the last two weeks. Less than 7 miles a day 😆 and complaining
Yeah, how dare people that drive cars for the environmentally sensitive, are in the middle of a pandemic, and are trying to be the safest possible actually minimize their driving?

Last edited:
The people complaining about "I drove less than 100 miles and didn't get it" are hilarious. I would be more than 100 miles if I drove to my mailbox and back over the last two weeks. Less than 7 miles a day 😆 and complaining

I am being completely sarcastic... I agree that the rules needed to be more clear. In fact I wish they had given us a "free day" to see how the scoring system worked. I would have been a solid 100 if I had any inclination that just regent on my car would cause "Hard Braking" and that turning in anything other than granny mode would cause "Aggressive Steering". In and case shout out to all you 7 mile a day people. I envy that commute.

99 with 1,900+ miles...
well, normally I would drive more than 100 miles easily when I lived on the east coast in a small town. The "town" itself was 20 miles away from me!

But now I live in a big city on the west coast and I work from home due to COVID. Honestly even driving 36 miles these past two weeks required me to go out of my way just to drive. Right before the score appeared I did a trip that was over 100 miles on its own. It's too bad the score didn't start a few days early.

Ah well. I guess my only move now is to drive 100 miles with a 100 score and wait and hope they do another score snapshot!