Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1000 Miles in: Amazing Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the 100D. After less than 2 weeks, we have 1,037 miles.

Two road trips:
1) Jersey Shore last weekend
2) Boston (currently)

Love that I made it to Boston from NJ (225 Miles) with ~64 miles to spare. We didn't even charge to 295 max(!) but left with 286 "in the tank"... We drove in Range mode, 77 degrees inside, me, my wife and my two shorties, generally staying under 65 MPH.
Avg projected range over 30 Miles was consistently higher than the rated miles and for long stretches we were below 300 WH/mi.

Love the FWD. It is so easy to get kids in and out of their car seat. I didn't expect to appreciate this feature so much. Additionally, no need for me to open the doors on the traffic side, my two daughters easily jump out on what ever side the FWD are open on.

Don't understand why I can't get the amount of miles driven on my dashboard. I like seeing the milestones, but I can only get it on main screen.

Easter Egg: My kids do not get tired of the ModelXmas. I had no idea about this, until my Wrap guy showed me.

LOVE the wrap color. SO HAPPY I DID THAT. Really unique look and steady compliments from passers by.

TIRE BANDS ARE A MUST. I put them one as soon as I got home. Went to a hand car wash, who proceed to run my rim into the casing that pushes the car through wash. My tire band popped out.... NO damage to the Rim, and I popped the Tire Band in. His response... I am sorry..... I will wash my X in my driveway for the rest of the summer.... GET THE TIRE BANDS... especially if you have the Sonic Carbon Rims.

Really like that the Driver's door opens for you (i did not get the Self presenting Doors). Less change of scuffing with your shoes as you step out.

Minor issues post delivery:
1) notice that one of the shelves that holds the Trunk cover was broken
2) Front console cover had scratches
3) three small dents, two fixed by my Wrap Installer, one that he didn't catch before it was wrapped
4) tiny, tiny crack in the Left Head light cover

Enjoying our ride immensely.

Don't understand why I can't get the amount of miles driven on my dashboard. I like seeing the milestones, but I can only get it on main screen.

@macd1995 Are you asking for something other than the trip information which can be displayed on the dash? Perhaps I completely mis-understand your desire, but this sounds like you might simply need to change your dashboard display to "Trips" by pressing & holding on the scroller on either side, then scroll to make your selection, then single press to select. That display shows distance driven.

Reactions: Screwbal
The total Odometer? The current trip and trip meters?

All of those are in the trip side screen - press and hold one of the side buttons for a couple seconds, and it'll give you a scroll list for that side of the cluster. If you pick the one that kinda looks like an old school odometer, you'll get the trip collection on that side of the display.

19884382_10154967222949069_2586370092175138437_n.jpg

It's the later. I don't see the odometer! I am going to check the center console shortly. The first image is the X and the second is the S.

Attachments

• IMG_20170726_193500.jpg
    IMG_20170726_193500.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20170724_115038.jpg
    IMG_20170724_115038.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 134
It's the later. I don't see the odometer! I am going to check the center console shortly. The first image is the X and the second is the S.

Oh, okay. That's easy. In the trips screen on the center console, there are little check boxes to the left of all of the items. The ones with the box checked show up on the driver's panel, and you can check/uncheck them freely (but there isn't enough room for all of them at the same time, so if all but one are checked you can't check the last one.)

IMG_0769.JPG

Ooh... You can rename them too???? Dope! Followed your lead and change Trip A to "Lifetime". Didn't know I could do that.
Next time you are at the Service center, ask really politely if they would please change your car display on the screen from white to red or Signature Red. They did it for me after I got my wheels painted black.

I was thinking about that. Not sure if the color would match, but i was going to ask when i bring the X in so they can fix the three items on my list from Delivery. Lets see!!
Sig red would be close. Post a pic of the sonic carbon on your display. Always wanted to see how it looks. When I did it about 2 weeks before my accident sonic carbon wasn't in the system so I settled for black 22's. No effect at all in calculations.

Also make sure to use soap that is only for satin and matte paint. Chemical Guys makes great stuff. You can watch their videos on everything.
Amazon.com: Chemical Guys CWS_995_16 Meticulous Matte Auto Wash for Satin Finish and Matte Finish Paint (16 oz): Automotive
For your Model S if it hasn't sold and other glossy cars: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OTK094/ref=twister_B00NHB6HEM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You should also pic up a foam cannon. It really helps and looks so cool. Pics of my blacked out beast when being washed down below.
Chemical Guys Foam cannon (AMAZING) Amazon.com: Chemical Guys EQP_310 TORQ Professional Foam Cannon: Automotive
Cheap one that is not as good: Amazon.com: DUSICHIN DUS-003 3000 PSI High Pressure Washer Gun, M22 Thread, Snow Foam Lance, Snow Foam Cannon: Patio, Lawn & Garden

You need a pressure washer. If you dont have one here is a good one: https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3000-...1806633&sr=1-2&keywords=pressure+washer+ryobi
If you dont want to buy one, you can use a foam gun which connects to garden hose. I have and use both. Amazon.com: Chemical Guys ACC_326 Foam Blaster 6 Foam Wash Gun: Automotive Only $30 and the cheap ones are $25 and suck.

You will need:
3 buckets (1 for wheels, 2 for washing): Amazon.com: Chemical Guys ACC_103 Heavy Duty Detailing Bucket with Chemical Guys Logo (4.5 Gal): Automotive
2 grit guards for buckets: (you can get two different colors to help differentiate wash and rinse bucket) Amazon.com: Chemical Guys Cyclone Dirt Trap Car Wash Bucket Insert Car Wash Filter Removes Dirt and Debris While You Wash (Black): Automotive
Wash mitt: (I have 2 but you only need one)
Amazon.com: Chemical Guys MIC_493 Chenille Microfiber Premium Scratch-Free Wash Mitt, Lime Green: Automotive
Wheel cleaner: (dilute according to instructions, spray on then wait for 30 secs and then agitate with this brush then do tire last: Amazon.com: Chemical Guys ACC_G08 Short Handle Wheel/Tire Brush: Automotive
Tire shine: Amazon.com: Chemical Guys TVD_107_16 V.R.P. Vinyl, Rubber, and Plastic Super Shine Dressing (16 oz): Automotive
Towels: Amazon.com: Chemical Guys MIC_507_06 Professional Grade Premium Microfiber Towel, Gold (16 in. x 24 in.) (Pack of 6): Automotive
Have fun, it will look amazing.

IMG_1248 2.jpg

the result:
IMG_3728.JPG

Okay. I bought everything you said. now... questions:

Foam blaster, I assume that connects to the High Pressure washer nozzle? I have the vinyl wrap coated in c quartz - any concerns about the coating? Looks that will make the water bead and dry easier? What is the likelihood of the high pressure washer tearing into the Vinyl wrap? I assume low? What setting did you use? Why do i need the foam blaster gun and cannon?
I used Meguiars something or another (not cheap) and the car came out clean, but the oil from the road (or something?) is splattered on the lower part of my doors. I have a BMW convertible that was my first car - it is opti-coated so I picked up the shine wash that you recommended as well.

Just watched the video. You are a stud for posting such detail. I arrive home on Saturday. Amazon will deliver everything by Saturday, so I will get to work Saturday ever or Sunday morning.

THANK YOU!
Here are some pictures with the Carbon sonic and the original paint.
IMG_4448.JPG
IMG_4373.JPG
IMG_4372.JPG
IMG_4430.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4412.JPG
    IMG_4412.JPG
    377.2 KB · Views: 84
Okay. I bought everything you said. now... questions:

Foam blaster, I assume that connects to the High Pressure washer nozzle? I have the vinyl wrap coated in c quartz - any concerns about the coating? Looks that will make the water bead and dry easier? What is the likelihood of the high pressure washer tearing into the Vinyl wrap? I assume low? What setting did you use? Why do i need the foam blaster gun and cannon?
I used Meguiars something or another (not cheap) and the car came out clean, but the oil from the road (or something?) is splattered on the lower part of my doors. I have a BMW convertible that was my first car - it is opti-coated so I picked up the shine wash that you recommended as well.

Just watched the video. You are a stud for posting such detail. I arrive home on Saturday. Amazon will deliver everything by Saturday, so I will get to work Saturday ever or Sunday morning.

THANK YOU!
Here are some pictures with the Carbon sonic and the original paint.
View attachment 239717 View attachment 239719 View attachment 239720 View attachment 239721
So what I do is I wash twice a week usually because of black paint. The foam blaster connects to a hose with a provided nozzle, I used setting 0 which is most foam then would use setting 1 which uses less product and has almost as much foam. I had all my trim wrapped and no effect. C QUARTZ will make water bead. When I wash which the video doesn't show is I first use the foam cannon. Let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse off. Then use it again and go with the wash mitt. Make sure to go in straight lines and not swirls. Then rinse and dry. The results will stun you.
Have fun!
Zack