Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"100D Ludicrous Performance" vs "Ludicrous Performance"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of all the daily incomprehensible changes Tesla makes on their site, this latest one is the one that makes me scratch my head the most.

What do you guys think the difference between the Ludicrous Performance and the 100D Ludicrous Performance is?

I wonder if they meant to rename all P90DL's to "Ludicrous Performance" and all P100D's to "100D Ludicrous Performance" and failed.

upload_2019-8-25_18-3-40.png

I saw those as well. They really need to stick with consistent naming. If these cars were born P100D, they should stay that! Retroactively (and half-way) applying the new naming to older cars is just plain confusing (since they don't have the PM front motor nor adaptive suspension).
So my P85DL+ can now be listed as "Model S Ludicrous Performance"? Gotta remember that when I tell the dealer trading it in and looking to determine the trade-in value. :D

That’s not the answer. Pre ravens are labeled as both Ludi and 100d ludi too.

Yes I understand that now. Labeling aside, In reality these are pre Raven P100D specs (315miles, 2.4sec) and are P100D cars. 100d ludi naming never existed before. It was simply 75D, 100D and P100d.

Tesla’s marketing division needs some organizing.