Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

15 Model Y now available at local location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It went from 0 on January 1st to 15 today. Every single color(multiple configuration) is available for pickup. Not sure what Tesla is thinking but it's going to be a mad scramble in March to get their numbers for 1st Q. Unless of course they do something with their offerings.

Chop prices by $11K (to get under $55K) and disable Supercharger access until they pay a $5K fee.

Chop prices by $11K (to get under $55K) and disable Supercharger access until they pay a $5K fee.
If Tesla did tie use of the SC to an expensive upgrade many would choose to purchase the CCS Type 1 adapter for $250 and forgo using the SC network.

My noodling:

In the US, Tesla could sell both a Standard Range, Dual Motor Model Y and a Long Range, RWD Model Y for the same price ~$54,990.

Also, in the US, Tesla could sell both a Long Range, Dual Motor Model Y and Performance, Dual Motor Model Y with 3-row seating. Expect fewer sales of the current 5 seat Long Range, Dual Motor Model Y and the 5 seat Performance, Dual Motor Model Y.

It went from 0 on January 1st to 15 today. Every single color(multiple configuration) is available for pickup. Not sure what Tesla is thinking but it's going to be a mad scramble in March to get their numbers for 1st Q. Unless of course they do something with their offerings.

How many different threads are you going to make about tesla pricing?

You just made this one:

You have 119 posts currently and every single one of those posts has been on the subject of tesla pricing.

There is a simple solution to this. Tesla needs to make 7 seat config standard and 5 seat optional. If they do that all models will qualify for the credit. Otherwise its costing them more to incentivize sales or reduce prices. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Reactions: acpd
How many different threads are you going to make about tesla pricing?

You just made this one:

You have 119 posts currently and every single one of those posts has been on the subject of tesla pricing.
haha. that's not my thread.

also, see the history, others wete saying same thing last year. Tesla wont discount.. blah blah. those whon ended up taking delivery in october or november missed out on insentives. see whay happeed in December.

i wonder why so many are defending Tesla's high price? Wonder if they are stock holder?

i woud say if you don't like the thread, dont read and move on.

More fun context through data... As I noted above, Tesla manufacturers about 1,400 cars/day in the US, and they were delivering them as fast as they could make them in late December. Now that the incentives are gone, inventory is back up to its early December level. A little higher than November, but historically consistent. Tesla pulled-forward a ton of deliveries from 1Q2023 into 4Q2022. So, they should stabilize to their new normal after a few weeks. It will be interesting to see the inventory level and trend in February.

1672934293857.png

More fun context through data... As I noted above, Tesla manufacturers about 1,400 cars/day in the US, and they were delivering them as fast as they could make them in late December. Now that the incentives are gone, inventory is back up to its early December level. A little higher than November, but historically consistent. Tesla pulled-forward a ton of deliveries from 1Q2023 into 4Q2022. So, they should stabilize to their new normal after a few weeks. It will be interesting to see the inventory level and trend in February.

View attachment 892622

I think GM and Ford were also blindsided by the SUV ruling. Mach-E deliveries are going to TANK in Jan. Lyriq got classified as a "car" also.

Tesla is just one of the carmakers screwed by the late IRS classification.

I think GM and Ford were also blindsided by the SUV ruling. Mach-E deliveries are going to TANK in Jan. Lyriq got classified as a "car" also.

Tesla is just one of the carmakers screwed by the late IRS classification.
GM, Ford, and Tesla all know exactly what a MPV and SUV are by definition as it's been written into transportation code for decades. They are the ones that submitted their eligibility lists to the IRS. The IRS didn't magically create new arbitrary classification rules to screw people.

Reactions: CHILLIBAJJI
haha. that's not my thread.

also, see the history, others wete saying same thing last year. Tesla wont discount.. blah blah. those whon ended up taking delivery in october or november missed out on insentives. see whay happeed in December.

i wonder why so many are defending Tesla's high price? Wonder if they are stock holder?

i woud say if you don't like the thread, dont read and move on.

Its a bit more than " dont like the thread", at this point, as it pertains to your posting history here. No, I am not defending teslas pricing, and no I dont own a single tesla stock. You come across as having a specific agenda here at this point. Thats about all I am going to say here on this, but perhaps you should know that its been noticed.

no.....
they already have 35,000 cars in transit to fill existing orders.
the cars in inventory are likely just over-runs from the attempt at adjusting for EoY tax incentive chaos (like last year) driven by legislation

you can wish upon a star, but you're not gonna get a cheaper car - unless it's a lower configuration.

Reactions: Bob2C
Its a bit more than " dont like the thread", at this point, as it pertains to your posting history here. No, I am not defending teslas pricing, and no I dont own a single tesla stock. You come across as having a specific agenda here at this point. Thats about all I am going to say here on this, but perhaps you should know that its been noticed.
Noted. Thanks bud.

no.....
they already have 35,000 cars in transit to fill existing orders.
the cars in inventory are likely just over-runs from the attempt at adjusting for EoY tax incentive chaos (like last year) driven by legislation

you can wish upon a star, but you're not gonna get a cheaper car - unless it's a lower configuration.
Agreed! Tesla needs a cheaper MY. That would be best of both world. Something with lower range that costs ~$55k. That would give them access to customers who aren't going to buy LR at $66k.

Than Tesla can sell their premium MY(LR and P) at whatever price market will support.

Reactions: cdub
Model Y prices will absolutely have to come down to sustain the current level of demand. It’s deluded to think otherwise.
lower cost Model variants, with lower range or feature sets. Maybe some added range or features to existing model configs.
it's been reported that the online configurator already shows the MY-AWD at 61K in source code.

But no MSRP changes on current models. They do have an opportunity to adjust MSRP with the refreshed M3 coming soon.
I'm sticking to that as the strategy Tesla will respond with.

Last edited:
16 ? here's a Model Y search within 100 miles of a bay area zipcode:

This is probably > 50. And I don't think this has all the inventory reflected
Absolutely correct. If they have 5 or 15 of the same car, inventory will only show 1.

I just went and look at local inventory within a 100 miles radius I think. From zip 60504 and from Chicago and Bloomington, Illinois to Indianapolis, Indiana. They have about 31 in new inventories that can be shipped to any local store but I didn't see any 7 seater unless I missed it.