Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

16.2 Just Updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn’t compare the 16.2 notes word for word to 16.0 (which was updated only 5 days ago). But I couldn’t find any discernible differences between the two.
It didn’t come a moment too soon. There were NUMEROUS BUGS in 16.0
Today before updating to 16.2 I took a 120 miles round trip and the sound would intermittently go off and on (mostly off). If I touched anything on the touchscreen or either roller ball on the wheel the sound would go off. Then autopilot and cruise stopped working but the display on the touchscreen said they were turned on. Then the screen went black and it rebooted as I drove 70 MPH.
Later after a long stop and several short stops I did a soft reboot and things worked okay.
Then when I got home I updated to 16.2
I’ll report back if 16.2 has bugs.

• Informative
Reactions: GWord
Interesting. I haven’t driven in an urban environ with it yet so I haven’t observed the pedestrians. I have seen many other objects, cones, etc. Also, trucks and buses are animated larger than cars (maybe they were always animated larger but I just noticed it this morning)

Just watched it, pretty interesting video. When we talk about simulation do they actually run it through the cameras or bypass vision and run the NN in the sim world?

AK released one clip of a training simulation and the simulation is like a computer game. They simulate common things (intersections, running red lights, etc.). I don't think simulation is that big of a part of AP training as compared to very carefully curated data obtained during various campaigns (see @verygreen posts for more info on campaign training data acquisition).