Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
Hello All,

I got the update for my car this morning. (AP1)

Photos below show update and notes, (or lack thereof), and some features i may not have noticed in the past?

first here are the update notes:

20170628_075922.jpg 20170628_075933.jpg

Then there is the Data Sharing thing...is this new or did i just miss this in the past?

20170628_080132.jpg 20170628_080159.jpg

Then after 2 months of owning my car i've either missed this wing feature or it's new:

20170628_080246.jpg

Also, for those that haven't updated yet, Owners Favorites have been back on and available for the last couple of updates:

20170628_081519.jpg

Lastly, here's a quick video on the "test road" that i take to work showing how wonderful this update is. I can also say that it keeps lane centering and brakes better than me now. Fantastic.

7 AP2 cars in a few hours? Looks like the fix for what was broken in 17.24.28.

If the .24 represents week of the year, it's two weeks old so they haven't fixed anything based on feedback on 17.24.28.
In the software industry there is a concept of a code fork. The 17.24 probably represents a fork created on the 24th week, but before they released it they had made 28 more changes. They may continue on development and create additional forks for later weeks, but if that development isn't ready to release yet and they need to fix something on the fork that was already released, they can return to the earlier fork (17.24 in this case), fix one or two things, and ship it out. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those fixes were done back when the (named after week#) branch was created.

So these fixes could very well be based on feedback from the past couple of weeks, they were just applied to an old branch.

In the software industry there is a concept of a code fork. The 17.24 probably represents a fork created on the 24th week, but before they released it they had made 28 more changes. They may continue on development and create additional forks for later weeks, but if that development isn't ready to release yet and they need to fix something on the fork that was already released, they can return to the earlier fork (17.24 in this case), fix one or two things, and ship it out. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those fixes were done back when the (named after week#) branch was created.

So these fixes could very well be based on feedback from the past couple of weeks, they were just applied to an old branch.

i think i get it now thanks.

so 17 is for the year 24 for the week and 30 for the changes?

is this was an actual big update it would have been 17.30.??

BTW just did some highway driving.

the auto lane change seems much more cautious now for sure if not a little hesitant, and i wasn't able to use it a lower speed around town like usual...hmm.

perhaps they are utilizing the rear sensors better now?

Reactions: jlarmstr
That was my experience too vs 17.17.17. In a few changes it seemed smooth, and switched quicker in .28, but several changed there was hesistation, straddling the lanes and some jerking around.

i'm ap1 so no straddling or jerking. it simply doesn't show the dotted line on the screen, doen't even make an attempt unless it's positive i can make a good lane change. perhaps this is good? argh.

Reactions: jlarmstr

I'm sure there are 100 ways to do code branches, but where I work, builds are in order and tell you nothing about the branch you built off of. Build 300 always occurred after 299, even if build 300 was based on much "older" code.

Version numbers keep track of code branches. Build numbers keep track of build order. A number 17.24.30 looks a lot more like a build number (2017, 24th week, 30th build that week) than a version number. I fail to see how one could interpret that number as having been compiled this week.

If you believe the .24 is a fork, then what do they do when they have 3 forks in a week, and what do you do when you merge back into trunk? Their numbers leave no room for that. Are you saying it's just total chance that Tesla has been doing one fork a week for the last 24 weeks?

I'm sure there are 100 ways to do code branches, but where I work, builds are in order and tell you nothing about the branch you built off of. Build 300 always occurred after 299, even if build 300 was based on much "older" code.

Version numbers keep track of code branches. Build numbers keep track of build order. A number 17.24.30 looks a lot more like a build number (2017, 24th week, 30th build that week) than a version number. I fail to see how one could interpret that number as having been compiled this week.

If you believe the .24 is a fork, then what do they do when they have 3 forks in a week, and what do you do when you merge back into trunk? Their numbers leave no room for that. Are you saying it's just total chance that Tesla has been doing one fork a week for the last 24 weeks?

Where is the emoticon for nerd again?

jk, carry on.