Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

17.26.76 Ping Pong over correcting on straight line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone having issues w 17.26.76?

It's over correcting, ping ponging, constantly left to right turns until I "calm it down" by having my hand on wheel to cancel the over correction.

Gets worse at night and forget about it if it rains.

anyone having issues w 17.26.76?

It's over correcting, ping ponging, constantly left to right turns until I "calm it down" by having my hand on wheel to cancel the over correction.

Gets worse at night and forget about it if it rains.
I'm AP2 X90D, and I have this issue with this version. TACC is good, but auto steer seemed to take a slight step backwards. I'm anxiously waiting for an update to set it back to "normal"

I'm AP2 X90D, and I have this issue with this version. TACC is good, but auto steer seemed to take a slight step backwards. I'm anxiously waiting for an update to set it back to "normal"

Tacc is better yes, autosteer makes me more anxious then me just driving what I'm fuming is if he can't in 7 months figure out how to drive straight then FSD is complete BS then

It hasn't gotten better in 6 months. Until when will this excuse fly?

But that's what I expected when I paid for AP2: There would be still lots of issues to iron out.

The "beta" excuse will continue as long as there are still accidents with AP2.

Others say may be 2021 but Tesla says much sooner like 2019 and who knows but I wouldn't expect the resolution to be any soon.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the informative aspect of the post about the shortcomings of current AP2.

Last edited:
But that's what I expected when I paid for AP2: There would be still lots of issues to iron out.

Others say may be 2021 but Tesla says much sooner like 2019 and who knows but I wouldn't expect the resolution to be any soon.

Nevertheless, I do appreciate the informative aspect of the post about the shortcomings of current AP2.

Elon says he is on target for CA to NY on FSD demo in 6 months. How if this car can't drive straight ? You talking L4 I just want it to drive straight in peace

• Funny
Reactions: u00mem9

Also, short comings is one fail, failure to deliver something as basic as keep the car in lane without freaking the pax out is unacceptable at this exact moment.

Thousands of cars w AP2 uploading on the road so what's the excuse now?

...failure to deliver something as basic as keep the car in lane...

I understand your frustration but you need to realize that you paid for an a beta product.

You can have lots of expectations but when people paid for the unfinished product, they originally got nothing for quite some time!

Not even a very basic cruise control for quite some time!

Nothing!

Nothing at all for quite some time!

And that what paying for a beta product means.

No body forces you to pay for an unfinished product.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration but you need to realized that you paid for an a beta product.

You can have lots of expectations but when people paid for the unfinished, the originally got nothing for quite some time!

Not even a very basic cruise control for quite some time!

Nothing!

Nothing at all for quite some time!

And that what paying for a beta product means.

No body forces you to pay for an unfinished product.

That's where you get my frustration all wrong:

I bought my AP2 the WEEK AP2 came out. I was advised no AP at all and no AI at all not even Tacc until 2017 and I was ok with that.

First iterations of AP2, too slow, as they told us, I was ok with that.

Issue by issue i was ok with that. Then 17.17.4 came along which at least could maintain between lines on highway then 17.24.28 destroyed it.

17.17.4 could drive night and rain even imperfect, 17.26.76 killed that.

I'm a programmer, I understand picking IS optimization iteration to use on OOS data and my frustration here is the releases that keeps adding one thing and breaking another. So far from 17.17.4 it was 1 step forward and 4 back since then.

Because it's beta doesn't mean it's without criticism, because it's beta more info should be released if they really want this group of well off people paying premium to keep supporting him riding on more than "it's still cool" factor.

Then you have hype-man Elon saying "super smooth" when this thing drives worse than previous ones.

Brother Just because a fighter jet is beta doesn't mean you let the pilot fly without knowing you did your best. 17.26.76 doesn't feel like their best. If that's their best, we have a problem, beta or not.

Forgive typing errors, iphone.

If it can see the left line, it should space off of that, just like a cyclist who is controlling the lane.

It is not supposed to drive in the middle once a lane reaches "standard" 12 ft. width.

Elon says he is on target for CA to NY on FSD demo in 6 months. How if this car can't drive straight ? You talking L4 I just want it to drive straight in peace

Relating to the cross-country trip: There's no way that Tesla will release *that* version of the cross-country ability to the fleet. There will be a likely long delay until fleet gets that.

My GUESS is that for the cross-country trip, they will have a 'lead vehicle' driven by humans and a 'follow vehicle' that will be "FSD". This will prove it's "possible", but still not full "FSD"... yet still meet the base requirements of "driving without human input".

It seems they have a fork in development for 'testing' vs 'fleet'. Obviously the fleet never had the same version as they had in the October(?) 2016 self-driving video. The question is how they will consolidate those two forks.

Relating to the cross-country trip: There's no way that Tesla will release *that* version of the cross-country ability to the fleet. There will be a likely long delay until fleet gets that.

My GUESS is that for the cross-country trip, they will have a 'lead vehicle' driven by humans and a 'follow vehicle' that will be "FSD". This will prove it's "possible", but still not full "FSD"... yet still meet the base requirements of "driving without human input".

It seems they have a fork in development for 'testing' vs 'fleet'. Obviously the fleet never had the same version as they had in the October(?) 2016 self-driving video. The question is how they will consolidate those two forks.

Good point and if you read the California disengagement report (law) you can notice they did quiet a few takes to get their video ;)

Still, I don't believe even this latest version is capable of handling the considerably less complicated situations from LA -> NY. Its an easy route. Elon's add on that the destination could be changed on the way implies it will be far more capable than I have seen because Tesla's nav is inefficiently routed.

I have S-75 version: 2017.32.6 ca28227 (HW2). Autosteer is still very wonky. Ping pongs so bad sometimes I have to just turn Autosteer off and drive with cruise control only. Sometimes it is okay on straight or slightly curved roads, but other times it's downright scary. Why is this still an issue?