TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

17.7.2 downloaded - parallel parking

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by kosarfan, Feb 23, 2017.

1. kosarfan

kosarfan Member

Just downloaded update 17.7.2

Autopark for parallel parking

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I'm downloading an update now. Am currently on 17.5.28. Hopefully I am getting 17.7.2 and not 17.5.36. We will see.

3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

AP2 car?

Guess it makes sense to get the items controlled by ultrasonic out. That should be largely similar. I'd still like to see parking use the cameras and honor the lines.

4. kosarfan

kosarfan Member

Yep - AP2

5. Price-S

Price-S Member

#5 Price-S, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    D/L 17.7.2 last night. Bypassed 17.5.36 for some reason. But when I drove it AS35 showed up. Was able to test that extensively. Sometimes it veers left or right when there are line breaks, sometimes not. It's learning. It tried to go into right turn lanes as few times but sometimes not. It was very stable between the lines at first but then on a second try, it got a little wild but calmed down (more learning). It couldn't do lane change using the directional signal.
    Then, some more testing. I live in Leisure Village, 55+ community. Our main street lanes are double wide but marked as one lane, double yellow down the middle. So AS can't see both sides. But it still works (TACC already works - speed limit 25 in the Village). First I tried the right side. It rode the line too much, sometimes right wheel on the line. Bicyclists (and wheelchairs) would not be safe.
    Then I tried the double yellow side. Rode on or right next to it at first, but then it seemed to learn and stayed a few inches off. An improvement but not safe, especially when there were line breaks. All in all, promising. The very few that saw me 'testing' probably thought I was drunk or older than them.
    I couldn't get parallel parking to work. I found a place but the space must have been too long (length and a half) to be recognized. I did park manually. Maybe it learned. Later I'll search for more opportunities.

6. johnkelner

johnkelner Member

not really a useful update... : (

7. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

It is useful for those of us that didn't have AS enabled for local roads yet. Only a few people got 17.5.36, so for most of us this is the update that enabled local road AS. It works great too as long as you use it where it is supposed to be used (only where there are clearly visible lane markings on both sides).

8. Sco3putt

Sco3putt Member

Works well on straight roads. It has serious limitations on curves and be aware of worn out lines. It's fun to play around with but must be constantly watched.

• Informative x 1
  9. Jeff-6293

Jeff-6293 Member

OK, I think my parallel parking doesn't like me. Once I get the "P" to show up and double tap the shift lever, the main display tells me to get out of the car and it will park itself. Except that I want to stay IN the car while it does this (dangerous to exit the car in the righthand travel lane before it is parked.)

I'm guessing that there's more than a little 'user error' here, but I can't find out how to initiate parallel parking from within the car and then remain in the car while it parks -- any suggestions?

10. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Double-tapping the shift lever is the wrong thing to do — that activates Summon (the feature that moves your car in a straight line after you get out). Auto parallel park is activated by shifting into reverse after seeing the "P" icon.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1