Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$175 "diagnosis fee" on warranty work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No other manufacturer conducts this deceitful and uncalled-for practice.
My BMW dealer wanted to charge a diagnosis fee to fix the charge port lock on my i3 (it wouldn't lock so it didn't work on CCS). They said they would charge the fee no matter what, even though the problem is obvious and doesn't need any real diagnosis., even though it was under warranty.

If a vehicle is under full warranty, there shouldn't be a diagnostic fee. Bumper to bumper everything is covered under the warranty except for normal wear items like tires, brake pads, rotors and windshield wipers and etc.
Just because someone thinks something is wrong doesn’t mean something is wrong. Work is done to diagnose in either case.

Not every claim or complaint is covered by the warranty, “bumper to bumper” or not. Diagnostic fees are increasingly common in the entire industry.

Just because someone thinks something is wrong doesn’t mean something is wrong. Work is done to diagnose in either case.

Not every claim or complaint is covered by the warranty, “bumper to bumper” or not. Diagnostic fees are increasingly common in the entire industry.
Correct, Things like vibrations wouldn't show up as an alert and may not be under warranty, tires may not be balanced and etc. But there are times when an alert pops up and it says " service is needed" when the car is still under warranty. That mean that the software has detected an anomaly somewhere and there shouldn't be a diagnostic fee.

Correct, Things like vibrations wouldn't show up as an alert and may not be under warranty, tires may not be balanced and etc. But there are times when an alert pops up and it says " service is needed" when the car is still under warranty. That mean that the software has detected an anomaly somewhere and there shouldn't be a diagnostic fee.
Agree, and in that case there almost certainly wouldn't be as it's waived if there's a warrantable issue found.

Reactions: Gixx1300R