Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

18 vs 19 inch wheels? Help please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I found my mono block forged wheels --- $470 each and only 18 pounds ..

Titan 7 T-S5 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Satin Titanium) | Evasive Motorsports

or these

Titan 7 T-R10 Wheel - 18x9.5 / 5x114.3 / Offset +40 (Machine Black) | Evasive Motorsports

Just need a hub ring to bring it from 73mm center bore to 64.1mm center bore -
Muteki Hub Ring 73mm / 64mm | Evasive Motorsports

Lifetime structural warranty too!!!

3.6 lbs lighter than bare aeros and 5 lbs lighter than the stock 18 inch with aeros on - specs here - Titan 7 Forged Wheels - Forged For All

What do you think? Add some Michelin PSS 4s's.....

Stock size is
  • Size: 18X8.5"
  • Offset: +40
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Weight: 21.6 lbs (Without Aero Cover), 23 lbs (With Aero Cover)
  • Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
  • Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft
  • Price: No Charge
  • Tire Spec: Michelin Primacy MXM4, 235/45-18, 98W
  • Details: This is the original base model wheel that comes with every Tesla Model 3 free of charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: scrapps
Tons of folks run 265s on 8.5" rims. In that real world you're so fond of.

They not only work fine, they protect you against curb rash a little better too :)

... what?

I quoted the results of a scientific test done at a professional testing facility between all 3 tire types.

You know, exactly the evidence you asked for

Which also shows you're factually wrong.

How much evidence did you provide supporting your claims again? Ah, right... zero.

HaHa. Your so called research was for all Michelin tires...clearly the sport tire will win in "sport" activities but again you miss the point...I wanted sportiness and drivability as a COMMUTER driver. The PZero's crush the Michelin AS, that's why I bought them. They are very competitive in the sporty category but have all the benefits of a sport touring tire and they fit the wider setup I am running. It's apples and oranges and you just want to hear the PSS are great tires...they are great tires if you want a pure sport tire and are ok with 15-20K miles per set. If you drive a lot, they are not the correct tire, regardless of the performance stats! In SoCal where it gets crazy hot, the tires will get chewed up super fast. Maybe in NC you don't have those problems due to the cooler climate, great for you and your setup! And yes, plenty of people run 265's on 8.5in rims, I'm just saying it is not recommended sizing and it will affect your tires and I promise it will affect your warranty if you have a problem! Good luck my friend and I am happy you are happy with your setup. FWIW, I never saw your #93 post so I apologize for that.

• Disagree
Reactions: Knightshade
If you drive a lot they are still the correct tire because they STOP SHORTER EVERY TIME compared to all seasons of the same size

That they ALSO handle better is a nice bonus

But as I said if you prefer to give up safety for tire life that’s totally your choice

Again though what I posted isn’t “so called” research- it’s ACTUAL research by a professional on a professional car testing course using professional measuring equipment

They use the same brand for winter, summer, and all season because that REDUCES variables in the test

Remind me again what research and data you’ve shown that disagrees with anything I said? Is it still none?

If you drive a lot they are still the correct tire because they STOP SHORTER EVERY TIME compared to all seasons of the same size

That they ALSO handle better is a nice bonus

But as I said if you prefer to give up safety for tire life that’s totally your choice

Again though what I posted isn’t “so called” research- it’s ACTUAL research by a professional on a professional car testing course using professional measuring equipment

They use the same brand for winter, summer, and all season because that REDUCES variables in the test

Remind me again what research and data you’ve shown that disagrees with anything I said? Is it still none?

Again, I'm so sorry I even brought it up...the fact that you can't even see any other side is sad. Let me ask you this Mr. Life Safety Officer...if what you say should be the law, why are there so many different tires, styles, companies etc??? If safety and stopping the THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR OF ANY PERSON ON THE GREAT PLANET, THEN WHY DOES EVERYONE ON EARTH NOT JUST PUT MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT TIRES ON THEIR CARS AND EVERY OTHER COMPANY JUST PACK THEIR BAGS AND CALL IT QUITS???????????????

I'll tell you why...because it's called marketing and in the real world, people weigh factors that matter most to them based upon their driving style, types of climate they will driving in majority of the time, ride quality, noise factors, mileage, etc. Now, if you can be objective for a minute...(this concerns me since you continue to troll my comments and can only see your tree, not the forest behind it) are you seriously proposing that the PSS, an excellent summer tire and is ONLY performance driven, is so overwhelming better than EVERY OTHER TIRE IN THE WORLD, nobody should use anything but! For the record, that is the message that I have been hearing from you!

That is great and I am happy for you! Either you are independently wealthy, great for you, or you are only concerned about stopping your car and will give up EVERY other factor for that 1 benefit, which is ok for YOU as well. But, if you were so independently wealthy and cold drop cash like a mad man, why are you being so cheap and sticking with the 18" stockers and not upgrading to something WAYYYYY nicer with all the same performance characteristics or even more? I don't know Will Robinson...

You stick with your PSS tires on your stock rims, if they work for you...great! I wanted a quieter ride (PZero is better), I wanted longer mileage between tire changes (PZero 2.5 times more), I wanted to dump the 18" stockers but keep the same weight (my AG M621's weigh the same or less), I wanted to keep the same weight on tires (the PZero is a lighter tire than the PSS), I wanted better performance than the stock tires (PZero is an Ultra High Performance AS tire).

So, based upon my extensive research, the PSS does not meet many of these factors that were important to me for my experiment...create a commuter setup that is still sporty, is a staggered setup, will not have issues with blowing tires in uneven pavement situation, has long tire life, still maintains the quiet ride (low road noise), has lower ROLLING RESISTANCE, and still weighs the same as the stock 18" setup.

I was absolutely successful in that but for the fact that having 275's in the rear added 1lb more than the stock wheel and tire setup. I have NEVER said the PSS is not a great tire, what I said is the differences you are touting are so nominal in a RL setting that it is absurd to even argue. You keep saying you want to stop faster, but you are adding weight by adding your tire setup? Can you confirm what your weight is now after adding 265's? Do you know what your stopping distance is? Keep in mind, the Michelin sales brochure is using whatever vehicle they were using, not your TM3.

So I too can quote Tire Rack and let's give everyone the ability to make their own choices here. You don't need to keep trolling and being snarky...let folks make their own mind up, that is what this is supposed to be about! Now, in the Tire Rack comparison, the Michelin PSS scores an 8.26 against all other summer tires and they summarize their position as it could improve on noise and we know the mileage is not good. The P Zero scores a 7.71 and takes a hit for not working as well in snow etc. (I don't need snow tires on my RWD TM3 in Los Angeles). Read for yourselves...

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=218

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=194

Review: Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus

If you want MAX PERFORMANCE TIRES, you should buy the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, plain as day!

If you want more ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE, with better performance that the stock setup, the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus is the best option.

If you live in a winter climate and need snow performance, you should have the Continental DWS-06.

They don't test Max Performance tires against Ultra High Performance tires for obvious reasons but my Tesla Model 3 is not a Lambo, Ferrari, Roadster etc and I am not running it on the track, I'm just an old guy commuting 100 miles a day and want my car to look sporty, perform well when I want to have some fun, still be somewhat quiet and have my car be as cost efficient within reason. My Mercedes had Continental Conti-Pro Contact tires and I got 95,000 miles on the front tires. The rear not so much (about half) but I love the staggered look so I wanted that on my TM3. It was an E350 sport with AMG 18" wheels. That is a little more background on me and my research on this topic.

• Disagree
I didn’t bother to read past the first paragraph since you once again made it clear you didn’t read my own post, where I said if you prefer tread life or mileage to stopping distance and handling that’s totally your choice to make

Just as my being ok replacing tires more often but stopping shorter in an emergency stop (and better handling/acceleration too) is mine.

Thus I figured the rest of your super long post likewise lacked relevance to what I’ve ACTUALLY said

• Disagree
Reactions: Adman2298
Again, I'm so sorry I even brought it up...the fact that you can't even see any other side is sad. Let me ask you this Mr. Life Safety Officer...if what you say should be the law, why are there so many different tires, styles, companies etc??? If safety and stopping the THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR OF ANY PERSON ON THE GREAT PLANET, THEN WHY DOES EVERYONE ON EARTH NOT JUST PUT MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT TIRES ON THEIR CARS AND EVERY OTHER COMPANY JUST PACK THEIR BAGS AND CALL IT QUITS???????????????

I'll tell you why...because it's called marketing and in the real world, people weigh factors that matter most to them based upon their driving style, types of climate they will driving in majority of the time, ride quality, noise factors, mileage, etc. Now, if you can be objective for a minute...(this concerns me since you continue to troll my comments and can only see your tree, not the forest behind it) are you seriously proposing that the PSS, an excellent summer tire and is ONLY performance driven, is so overwhelming better than EVERY OTHER TIRE IN THE WORLD, nobody should use anything but! For the record, that is the message that I have been hearing from you!

That is great and I am happy for you! Either you are independently wealthy, great for you, or you are only concerned about stopping your car and will give up EVERY other factor for that 1 benefit, which is ok for YOU as well. But, if you were so independently wealthy and cold drop cash like a mad man, why are you being so cheap and sticking with the 18" stockers and not upgrading to something WAYYYYY nicer with all the same performance characteristics or even more? I don't know Will Robinson...

You stick with your PSS tires on your stock rims, if they work for you...great! I wanted a quieter ride (PZero is better), I wanted longer mileage between tire changes (PZero 2.5 times more), I wanted to dump the 18" stockers but keep the same weight (my AG M621's weigh the same or less), I wanted to keep the same weight on tires (the PZero is a lighter tire than the PSS), I wanted better performance than the stock tires (PZero is an Ultra High Performance AS tire).

So, based upon my extensive research, the PSS does not meet many of these factors that were important to me for my experiment...create a commuter setup that is still sporty, is a staggered setup, will not have issues with blowing tires in uneven pavement situation, has long tire life, still maintains the quiet ride (low road noise), has lower ROLLING RESISTANCE, and still weighs the same as the stock 18" setup.

I was absolutely successful in that but for the fact that having 275's in the rear added 1lb more than the stock wheel and tire setup. I have NEVER said the PSS is not a great tire, what I said is the differences you are touting are so nominal in a RL setting that it is absurd to even argue. You keep saying you want to stop faster, but you are adding weight by adding your tire setup? Can you confirm what your weight is now after adding 265's? Do you know what your stopping distance is? Keep in mind, the Michelin sales brochure is using whatever vehicle they were using, not your TM3.

So I too can quote Tire Rack and let's give everyone the ability to make their own choices here. You don't need to keep trolling and being snarky...let folks make their own mind up, that is what this is supposed to be about! Now, in the Tire Rack comparison, the Michelin PSS scores an 8.26 against all other summer tires and they summarize their position as it could improve on noise and we know the mileage is not good. The P Zero scores a 7.71 and takes a hit for not working as well in snow etc. (I don't need snow tires on my RWD TM3 in Los Angeles). Read for yourselves...

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=218

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=194

Review: Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus

If you want MAX PERFORMANCE TIRES, you should buy the Michelin Pilot Super Sport, plain as day!

If you want more ULTRA HIGH PERFORMANCE, with better performance that the stock setup, the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus is the best option.

If you live in a winter climate and need snow performance, you should have the Continental DWS-06.

They don't test Max Performance tires against Ultra High Performance tires for obvious reasons but my Tesla Model 3 is not a Lambo, Ferrari, Roadster etc and I am not running it on the track, I'm just an old guy commuting 100 miles a day and want my car to look sporty, perform well when I want to have some fun, still be somewhat quiet and have my car be as cost efficient within reason. My Mercedes had Continental Conti-Pro Contact tires and I got 95,000 miles on the front tires. The rear not so much (about half) but I love the staggered look so I wanted that on my TM3. It was an E350 sport with AMG 18" wheels. That is a little more background on me and my research on this topic.

The easy way to fix trolls is to just block them! See ya!

• Love