Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But is the dynamic feature on all of the brake lights or just the center one? I see lots of cars flash the center brake light, but none flash the left/right ones. Maybe Tesla didn't design it such that they can flash the center light by itself.
Flashing center brake lights are usually an aftermarket addition that’s not technically legal but not enforced. It’s just like people who install farm tractor headlight bulbs into their Jeeps to improve their visibility at the expense of everyone else’s.

Flashing center brake lights are usually an aftermarket addition that’s not technically legal but not enforced. It’s just like people who install farm tractor headlight bulbs into their Jeeps to improve their visibility at the expense of everyone else’s.
To totally digress, I had one of these (sorta) before there were third brake lights. It was by the original inventor who made it to mount on your license plate and it flashed more quickly the harder you stopped, just like this. It never caught on, but was the inspiration for the ‘high’ brake light that simply told people the car was braking as opposed to having bright tail lights. He stopped making them when the third brake light came out, of course.

Anyone remember the name of the gizmo I had before I google it?

I don’t know if an extra light signaling you are stopping is not-legal or not covered. I recall when I got this light it wasn’t converted but this was over 30 years ago. :D

That's funny... on my HPWC... it did this last night, too. On the X, all you have to do us push the port, and it will open.... so I reverted to this trick. However, will watch and see if the button press non open occurs again.
The 3 is the same but the logic is strange and I’m wondering if they’ve now changed it on all cars for the ‘remote’ open (UMC/HPWC).

Seeing the very same issue with respect to the HPC wand not opening the charge port. Got 2019.8.3 last night and just tried. Door does not open. Have to press the door manually or use the app/MCU screen to open the door.
Our copy of what I expected was 2019.8.3 evaporated. But I’d call national support and report it and see if they have it on their list for fix ASAP.

Any one seeing if 2019.8.3 fixes the (virtually) continual charging issue? Might as well report both issues if we’re calling. I’ll do the same as soon as I actually get 2019.8.3.

Seeing the very same issue with respect to the HPC wand not opening the charge port. Got 2019.8.3 last night and just tried. Door does not open. Have to press the door manually or use the app/MCU screen to open the door.

So... of course, as I go out to show the wife this issue and to remind her about the other ways of opening the charge-port I say to her... "Watch it open when you are out here with me."

:confused::mad::oops::rolleyes:

So my update came with red ight and sentry mode and blindspot dashcam recording. All great stuff, but i want the damn enhanced summons!
A good example of different people wanting different things for various reasons I guess. In the 3 years I have had my MX I have never used, wanted or desired the summon feature and likely never will, but obviously there are people out there much more lazy than me, or need to get the car out of strange places that I would never have parked in the first place :D yes, just a joke.

Observation while at the SC today.

Plugged into slot 2A with 2B already occupied by another car. Normally, the charge rate would be at 36/72/93 KW based on where the other car is in it's charging cycle.

Today, the charge rate was at 110kW from 17% SOC to 50% SOC and never dipped below 86kW until 75% SOC. I never got these speeds when both stations were occupied before the latest software update.

Can someone else confirm a similar experience?

Reactions: MP3Mike and TechVP
Observation while at the SC today.

Plugged into slot 2A with 2B already occupied by another car. Normally, the charge rate would be at 36/72/93 KW based on where the other car is in it's charging cycle.

Today, the charge rate was at 110kW from 17% SOC to 50% SOC and never dipped below 86kW until 75% SOC. I never got these speeds when both stations were occupied before the latest software update.
Perhaps the other car was already finished charging or close to it ?

Reactions: MP3Mike

Just got bumped from 8.3 to 8.4 today and the charge port door issuer from wall connector seems to be working again for me on my X75