Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked and have not seen 19.8.3 in a Model X thread.

Just received 19.8.3 on my 2017 X w/ 2.0 AP. Maybe we'll see a wider rollout after quite a dry spell.

Curiously, different that the Teslarati story about Dynamic Brake Lights feature, I did not see that in my release notes.

Release notes.

[I didn't include the prior release notes... unless there is a request.]

IMG_3714.jpg

Dynamic brake lights appears to be Europe only. I believe there’s some regulatory issue in the US about flashing lights perhaps? And I’m surprised because I thought this was why 8.3 was going to Europe only until now. I thought 2019.9 was perhaps the US release. Jeez....

Wonder why we have two releases with simultaneous rollout again (8.3 and 9) (last I looked, lol!).

Maybe 9 is AS? I’m about done trying to keep track since the release notes don’t even ‘know’. :D

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
Just got 2019.8.3 in Australia (updated from 2018.50.6), it included;

Sentry Mode, Dog Mode, Improved A/C screen layout, Improved Dashcam, Auto-folding mirrors & Blind Spot Warning Chime, and even though there was no mention in the release notes, it looks like the instrument cluster now shows adjacent lanes quicker & surrounding vehicles more consistently.

Still no Nav on AP for us down-under :mad:

Got mine this a.m. AP 2.5; June 2018 car build. FSD add-on earlier this month when it was still $2,000.00

This update added sentry mode and red light warning. No advanced summons. No update to the app to select geolocation on sentry mode. Right now sentry just toggles on and off.

That’s unfortunate. On my motorcycle I added www.hyperlites.com.

When I heard about the Dynamic brake lights with this update I was all in. If it’s a regulatory issue here in the US I wonder what the reasoning is to prohibit it?
FMVSS standards in the US do not allow dynamic brake lights or dynamic headlights that aren’t just auto two position low and high beams. The standard defines a car as grandma’s Cadillac. Write to your legislator :)

• Informative
Reactions: Bacalao
So my update came with red ight and sentry mode and blindspot dashcam recording. All great stuff, but i want the damn enhanced summons!

Why? Do you think you will every really be able to use it. If it works like Summons and you did it where other people are they would run your car off the parking lot, or at least kick it, as it went along at 2 mph in front of them.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: jennykng