Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Turbine Wheel Solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
still in the initial eval stage but yesterday my 19" logano's were dropped off by UPS. longing to try them out, I couldn't wait for the service center to open so I set out to replace them myself. my wife didn't even try and interrupt me for the next several hours as I deflated the tires, glued on the clips and pounded on the aloygators, refilled the tires, jacked it up (with the car in jack mode!), removed lug nuts with a wrench, dismounted and replaced each 21 and tightened each lug nut, replicating the torque feel of the OEM's as good as I could guesstimate (turns out I came within 5 lbs with each one, after taking them in to service today to get the TPMS synched (brush shoulder :~). This all took several hours, I was exhausted, stopped through the kitchen for a quick ration of food and water and hit the road!

the tricky thing with evaluating different wheel/tire types and combos and variations of the car (SvsPvsP+) is that here, the climate and road conditions change pretty much constantly, you are shooting at a moving target! The ideal tire size, traction type and rubber compound is impossible to keep up with, you have to compromise and find the right balance that best meets your priorities of dry performance vs good handling in the wet and cold. given that I was driving in the rain, I was impressed with my choice of P+, 19" luganos and Primacy all seasons, feels like the best of all worlds for the "sunny" Seattle winter. the extra road noise and feel of the + was significantly reduced, making it less of a dominant cabin experience, even improving enjoyment of the sound system (the road noise with the performance+/21' combo was deafening at times on the rocky worn cement freeways we have here, particularly as the temperatures dropped). I was relieved to find what feels like the perfect combo. Love the P+, love the lower noise and better traction of the 19's! so far, I am very happy! the wheels look awesome, tire rack was awesome to deal with and I am very appreciative for everyone's input here on this thread, making this transition remarkably seamless and stress free, thank you all!

Swapped the luganos and xice3 tires today onto the car. Noticed some slight rubbing of the front passenger tire on the front wheel well when doing a full left turn. Has anyone else noticed this?

I took the tire off and took the wheel well cover off. It mounts to a bar at the bottom which carries a radiator and fan so there does not seem anything that I can adjust.

Here is a picture of the wheels on the car, very happy with the way they look.

image.jpg

Last edited:
They do look pretty friggin' sweet!

The rubbing tire is not good though. I don't have any experience with that type of thing. Is it just a nuisance (noisy) or is it also a safety hazard?

From what I can tell it looks to just be a noise issue, not a safety issues, the inside wheel well is plastic so it has some give with the tire. 1mm of wheel wear and it would not rub so it could just be the choice of the xice3. Anyway just interested if there are others with a similar experience or if my car just has an acceptable manufacturing variance that must account for this.

Swapped the luganos and xice3 tires today onto the car. Noticed some slight rubbing of the front passenger tire on the front wheel well when doing a full left turn. Has anyone else noticed this?

I took the tire off and took the wheel well cover off. It mounts to a bar at the bottom which carries a radiator and fan so there does not seem anything that I can adjust.

Here is a picture of the wheels on the car, very happy with the way they look.

View attachment 35205

Wow Tomanik, these silver Rials look superb on the Black. I am hoping the Gunmetals look as good on the Green!

In an effort to make my car look as close as possible to what is installed, I note the service center changed my wheel type after getting the Rial Luganos put on:

"wheel_type": "Turbine19"

Thought I noticed it looked a bit different in the display. :)

These pictures look great! Did you end up ordering the center cap stickers? I believe you mentioned covering or painting the center caps first. Did you make the red Tesla logos yourself? If anyone is ordering a large set of stickers for the Rial Luganos, I am in for a set. Thanks.

In an effort to make my car look as close as possible to what is installed, I note the service center changed my wheel type after getting the Rial Luganos put on:

Thought I noticed it looked a bit different in the display. :)

FlasherZ, two questions:

1) Does the pic look like the Cyclones, or like a mini 21" Turbine?

2) Do you suppose this is an indication that actual 19" Turbines are in the works?

FlasherZ, two questions:

1) Does the pic look like the Cyclones, or like a mini 21" Turbine?

2) Do you suppose this is an indication that actual 19" Turbines are in the works?

They look like the Cyclones - non-symmetrical.

As for the last question, I doubt they would introduce the 19" turbine wheels. It provides a level of differentiation for the 21" wheels.

IMG_0072.png

Last edited: