Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$1k Refunds on FSD Start March 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear- I bought my car in June, and took delivery in September, both of 2018, and Tesla just explicitly told me, in writing, I would be getting the 1k refund.

So either they're directly lying to me in writing, or your info is incorrect.

Sorry, but you are not being clear ;) Sorry if I missed it, but you told us when you bought the car but when did you buy EAP and/or FSD?

Based on the track here, I take it you bought FSD with the car (or before Feb 28)?

Any ways, for the record, I think it should $3k (in incentives, SC, Premium Connectivity, Store Credit) not $1k. If they need the cash they can have it. There has been nothing useful (or really safe) beyond what is now called "Auto Pilot" (speed and steering assist) to date. And even that is work in progress, Beta.

Early adopters need to be perceived as valued for going that extra step in faith and paying up front. And I think incentives (perhaps ideally something unique) would be better valued than a check that Tesla can't afford right now.

I have requested 1k$+tax price adjustment for my FSD purchase (03/01, 3k$+tax) earlier today. Will post when received a response.

Tesla confirmed that a refund will be issued, but I didn't receive it yet:
There was a delay in getting the prices corrected on our website, like you some customers purchased while the prices was listed as $3,000 instead or $2,000 in these cases we are automatically refunding $1,000.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
FWIW I got a second confirmation I'd be getting $1000 back on my FSD purchase (paid 3k back in September 2018 for a Sept 2018 delivery of a model 3) yesterday- confirmation of that below-

Tesla CS said:
Hello,

We have been advised that refunds have started going out this week. Customers who paid $3,000 will be getting $1,000 refund through our system. Credit cards take about 12-15 days to process. Thank you for your patience.

I actually paid via ACH so I'm curious to see if I get a random $1000 credit on my card on file anyway or if they send a paper check as they did with my overpayment refund last year (rep didn't seem to know the answer to that question)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: GSP and Jeffers0n
Grrr I'm nervous also. I bought my car in April 2018. Had EAP on the loan from Day 1. Jumped the gun and bought FSD March 1st after the 2k announcement. Paid 3k plus tax. Called...said I would get a refund of 1000K plus the taxes by ..... yesterday.. LOL grrrr now another story from the guy when I emailed him about not receiving it yesterday back on my CC. Ah well.... here we go...

• Funny
Reactions: techmaven
Also, regarding an earlier argument that we should not ask our money back because of how important Tesla mission is.. I believe it is completely wrong logic. The only way for Tesla to succeed in their mission is to be commercially viable. And we will not be doing Tesla a favor by acting like it is a form of charity, it will make Tesla less of a commercially viable company, long-term. So in my mind I'm actually helping Tesla as a company and in their mission by acting rationally as a consumer. This will allow them to make sure that whatever they are offering, pricing model, etc, etc. is valid and will be easily adopted by many consumers world-wide, instead of artificially inflating Tesla's success level by being too generous and giving some money on top of what we think is fair.

Reactions: GSP and Knightshade
FWIW I got a second confirmation I'd be getting $1000 back on my FSD purchase (paid 3k back in September 2018 for a Sept 2018 delivery of a model 3) yesterday- confirmation of that below-

I actually paid via ACH so I'm curious to see if I get a random $1000 credit on my card on file anyway or if they send a paper check as they did with my overpayment refund last year (rep didn't seem to know the answer to that question)

I hope this applies to all original FSD buyers. I'm still waiting to hear back.

If you read the web site for the $2k purchase, it almost sounds as if that is Alain Early Access. I really feel for the people who paid $5K for this.

I also realize I paid more for my loaded 3 in late 2018 than a loaded Y would cost today, and that Y would include FSD against mine. Continued swift kick in the nuts daily with tesla.

Reactions: ord3r
My vehicle configuration @ our November 2018 purchase says we purchased EAP for $5k. It says nothing of FSD. After purchase the FSD option shouwed up on my Tesla page and the price has changed from $3k to $2k. I assume the refund everyone is referring to is this FSD price change?