Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 week delivery window, but no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup that was crazy. Heard there's huge supply problems with the Nexus 4 now. Seems demand was higher than expected. Might upgrade to that next year.

Yeah...they should've stuck with Samsung instead of LG.

Did you order the tech and/or sound package? Would have thought I'd have a VIN now if you do. Trying to figure out Tesla's sequence is tiring

looking at your config, your delivery window is 2/14 - 2/28, is that correct? if so, I wouldn't expect your VIN til you're closer to your delivery window. My window opens in 2 days and no VIN yet.

Did you order the tech and/or sound package? Would have thought I'd have a VIN now if you do. Trying to figure out Tesla's sequence is tiring

BleedsOn delivery estimate is 1/29-2/12 and yours is 2/14-2/28, so one would certainly expect VIN two weeks earlier than yours. Now as to why you have a later delivery estimate it's hard to say. Must be due to changing configurations, although I'm still not sure why it would be so late. However, since you have your delivery estimate, you're just torturing yourself comparing to people with earlier delivery estimates.

Yeah , I'm pretty muc h torturing myself reading posts on TMC. It's part anxiety and part my current car is giving me a constant mild mold allergy reaction. Not a fun place to be. Given my finalize time and the time it takes for East Coast delivery compared to others I've got no idea why my window is later in February. I'd be so bummed if I hit the end of my delivery window or worse miss my window.

I hate to say it but I may have a TMC addiction as time for delivery nears. I'm going to attempt to take a week long break. Competely cold turkey. I gotta be strong.

My delivery window is January 29 to February 12, and no VIN yet. I'm not planning on calling until the end of the window...I can't imagine that would get me the car sooner.

sent via Tapatalk

I have to disagree. It seems that in order for things to flow smoothly you need to call them every so often. If anything, call just to make sure you haven't fallen through the cracks. Also, if you're financing you'll most likely need the VIN, otherwise you're the one holding up the deal.

I have to disagree. It seems that in order for things to flow smoothly you need to call them every so often. If anything, call just to make sure you haven't fallen through the cracks. Also, if you're financing you'll most likely need the VIN, otherwise you're the one holding up the deal.

Who knows what's really going on, but I believe that all that falls through the cracks is communication. The factory is doing what it's doing and isn't influenced in any way by your calling, but the DS's are busy and spending most of their time talking to people who contact them proactively. If you need the VIN for financing, then yes you need to contact them. Otherwise I agree it doesn't actually get you your car any sooner, but the first you may hear from Tesla is that your car is done and ready to be picked up. The only other caveat would be if you need to send them money before they ship (like to Texas). In that case you want to work with them proactively to arrange that before the car is done, otherwise it will be a holdup.

I've never called Tesla so far...they've called me a few times in response to an email, but that's it. Generally every email to my PS is responded to same-day, one way or another. I got confirmation from PenFed that my check will be with me tomorrow, so I've emailed my PS to find out whether I need to rush around to get it to him (ie is there a truck for Dallas leaving at the weekend), or if I have a bit if time.

My personal plan is to wait until I see people with reservations in the 12000's and or people with windows starting in February getting VINs before I contact them. Until then I figure the rest of you are calling enough for me. :wink:

Of course I could break down and change my mind at any time.

My delivery window is January 29 to February 12, and no VIN yet. I'm not planning on calling until the end of the window...I can't imagine that would get me the car sooner.

sent via Tapatalk
Call.

When I called a few days ago and asked about a VIN, the response was something like: "Yes, and your PS has it for you." I responded that I didn't have a PS. Within an hour or so, I had an email from my PS and we are moving along. Prior to that call, emails went unanswered - now the PS is very responsive.

Call.

When I called a few days ago and asked about a VIN, the response was something like: "Yes, and your PS has it for you." I responded that I didn't have a PS. Within an hour or so, I had an email from my PS and we are moving along. Prior to that call, emails went unanswered - now the PS is very responsive.

yes but the point is, it didn't make the car be built or delivered any faster.

if he refuses to call until the end of his delivery window, he could be one of those cases where they call and say the truck is outside his window type of deal...

if he wants info on when to expect the car and where it is in delivery, fine, but he seems not to care. i'm sure Tesla wishes we were all like him.... :)

Hi Puyallup Bill. I'm up in Edgewood. Res #14409, Grey/Grey silver 21", standard 85kWh. Should take delivery sometime in April/May. Do you have yours yet? Maybe we could get together at the pavilion some Saturday this summer to show off the MS?

Regards,
Edgewood Dome

Hi Puyallup Bill. I'm up in Edgewood. Res #14409, Grey/Grey silver 21", standard 85kWh. Should take delivery sometime in April/May. Do you have yours yet? Maybe we could get together at the pavilion some Saturday this summer to show off the MS?

Regards,
Edgewood Dome
Not yet - expecting early February. A meet this summer sounds good, as I don't see any EVs in this neck of the woods. Interesting - just cruised through Edgewood in the LEAF about an hour ago.