Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Year Tesla Service Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so it is roughly 8 c/mile coverage cost. Depends on what is your current mileage and what level of issues you have faced with the car so far. Its is like any insurance - read the exclusions and then see if that 2K will buy you some peace of mind. Good luck:)
I usually never buy the extended service plans for any car but Teslas are soo expensive to fix. Have to see if it’s transferable and or prorated for refund if we cancel it.

Doesn’t cover HV battery or drive unit, and super limited with just 1 option. Can only purchase if you purchased New directly from Tesla, and can only purchase while still under factory warranty. Cannot double up on coverage either. I have many years with XCare, looks like I’m sticking with what I have

• Informative
Reactions: 804son
Doesn’t cover HV battery or drive unit, and super limited with just 1 option. Can only purchase if you purchased New directly from Tesla, and can only purchase while still under factory warranty. Cannot double up on coverage either. I have many years with XCare, looks like I’m sticking with what I have
You are correct. It’s is transferable and you can cancel for prorated refund before care is transferred.

interesting development... many folks will see this and appropriately conclude that if anything breaks during the extended period, it would probably cost over $2k. On the other hand, Tesla is entirely data driven and for them to make this offer means they know they will come out ahead... never bet against Elon
Most of these extended service plans only pay out .10 on the dollar so the house wins. It’s just peace of mind. You could also invest 2k into Tesla stock and in 4 years will a lot more money.