TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2 years free supercharging

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Breakfast, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

I pick my car up this afternoon, and just received this text from Tesla.

“Join Tesla in accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy. Please reply YES to learn about receiving 2 years of free Supercharging if you take delivery this month.”

It’s worded such that it’s just for taking delivery this month. Like me. Should I be getting 2 years free supercharging?

• Like x 1
  2. Thomami

Thomami Member

Congrats on your pick up, hope it goes well!

I don’t want to be an old grumpy sod but are Tesla offering free supercharging? just because I haven’t heard doesn’t mean it isn’t impossible they’d make an offer... maybe I’m over cautious because of my work but without seeing the mail and not knowing your background etc, I would be wary, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is in my experience and that is just the sort of thing a well researched socially engineered phishing email may say. I’d be wary of links, is the address looking genuine and worded well with no odd grammar? I would perhaps just ask them in the delivery centre before replying or clicking links.

However if it is genuine then wow! Good luck

3. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Interesting reply thanks.

However it’s not an email. It’s a text message from the same number that has, to date, sent me all of my info from Tesla (appointment time, registration number etc).

4. DaveW

DaveW Member

Have you replied YES? :)

Wondering what reply you get then!

5. Keeper

Keeper Member

I expect the same offer will come again in 3 months time - no pressure.

6. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Replied YES, and emailed Sales and Delivery teams. No reply from Tesla yet.

Although on another thread in this forum @deejaykue posted that they had asked for this offer a few days before the expected delivery, and had it applied to their order.

Hopeful

7. tj333

tj333 Member

My interpretation would be that it is unrelated to your collection this afternoon and is instead part of Tesla's previously announced push to sell inventory vehicles for end of quarter numbers.

Tesla allows discounts and offers 2 years of free Supercharging for end-of-the-quarter push - Electrek

8. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

There was/is an incentive running, in the US mainly, where they were giving M3 buyers 2 years to get them to take inventory cars this quarter. From a business snese it makes no sense in the UK as I doubt anyone is putting off delivery until next month and the 20 or so inventory cars they did have have all seem to be sold (I've read one guy ordered on Sat and took delivery yesterday without the superchrging offer). If they offer it and you get it, then happy days for you of course

It will of course create discontent with owners who took delivery a few days ago and didn't get it, all because you are at the mercy and chance of Teslas delivery schedule

9. tess19

tess19 Member

I think it's for Ms and Mx only

10. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

They have unlimited for life with the first owner on inventory sales and have done for a while

11. adsheff

adsheff Member

I've had the same text. I'm due to pick up tomorrow anyway, so I replied YES. Not had a reply yet.

12. Thomami

Thomami Member

This is a great offer, hope I will get the same if it ever comes that I get my delivery date :( bizarre question though, would anybody actually turn it down and reply “No thanks, I don’t want 2 yrs free”...

13. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

There were c.20 inventory Model 3’s listed on Tuesday morning and all sold by the end of the day. They were discounted by c.£2k each (although there was one with full self-drive that was c.£5k cheaper than list). All were brand new (max 20miles on the clock but VATQ and 100% FYA Claimable). If they came with 2 years for s/charging too then they were a steal.

14. interbear

interbear Member

I’m quite amazed at that given the number of people waiting for their cars.

I was under the impression that cancelled orders, for example, would quickly be reallocated to someone in the queue rather than become inventory stock.

15. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

I’m not sure if they were ex-display used on tours or something. There was pretty much every model (RWD, AWD, Performance, standard, range of colours...). I VERY nearly put a deposit on a black performance one, but I’m supposed to be keeping my current car until March really.

16. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

The 2 years free s/charging is just in the US guys. Just had it confirmed by Tesla UK.

17. Breakfast

Breakfast Member

Hmm OK.

But I’m in the UK, and they sent me the text message (how do I do a confused emoji on here)

18. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

LOL. No idea then, but if I’d got the text I’d be pushing for them to give it to me ;)

19. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

According to Tesla info theres more now listed - maybe they can be bought with free charging

20. mkaiser1

mkaiser1 Member

#20 mkaiser1, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
    You’re right about more being listed. Tesla let you reserve the car for 7 days I’m told but after that if the care isn’t yours it’s freed up. I suspect there will be a different range almost everyday unless people reserve them and there’s a chance they might come back online 7 days later. I’ve reserved one as it was my perfect spec but if I can’t sell my current car it will become available again I assume.

Frees supercharging won’t be possible though.