Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20" Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 P85D
roughly 10 lbs per wheel lighter
a little more than 1/2 what Tesla wants for their 21" set up (and I get to put my brandy new 19s back on the car when I sell it)
Pilot Super Sport with longer wear AND more grip

What is not to like :)

Really nice pics and wheels, but I didn't see their specs in this thread, have you posted them in some other thread?
(There's really so many of these wheels thread!)

Nurburgring Alloy Wheels by TSW
page says 23.3 lbs for the 20 X 9" wheel... I remember the rims being about ten pounds lighter than the stock Tesla 19s I removed. The nice thing was that all the weight seemed to come from the rim area which dramatically reduced rotational intertia.

The tires are Pilot Super Sport 255/40 ZR 20. I believe I used the Porsche variant that has a less rounded or more square patch to sidewall which provides a bit wider contact patch.

The only issue I have with aftermarket rims is I've found I need to buy a spare when I buy the set of four. I've been caught out a few times where I've damaged a rim years down the road (pun intended) only to learn that the series was discontinued. I've taken to buying a spare and have not needed it since. Go figure.

• Informative
Reactions: davidc18
Nurburgring Alloy Wheels by TSW
page says 23.3 lbs for the 20 X 9" wheel... I remember the rims being about ten pounds lighter than the stock Tesla 19s I removed. The nice thing was that all the weight seemed to come from the rim area which dramatically reduced rotational intertia.

The tires are Pilot Super Sport 255/40 ZR 20. I believe I used the Porsche variant that has a less rounded or more square patch to sidewall which provides a bit wider contact patch.

The only issue I have with aftermarket rims is I've found I need to buy a spare when I buy the set of four. I've been caught out a few times where I've damaged a rim years down the road (pun intended) only to learn that the series was discontinued. I've taken to buying a spare and have not needed it since. Go figure.

TSW Nurburgring... I should have guessed.
Many photos of wheels I like on a Model S turn out to be these!
They were a bit expensive for a winter set of beater wheels ... which is what I was in the market for.
You needed an adapter rings for these didn't you?
(I like the idea of buying a spare and will probably do it. Thx!)

The wheels came with plastic adapter rings. I dropped one off at my favorite machine shop along with a rim and had them do them out of aluminum. There is something about locating a rim on a car with a thermally volatile material that just did not feel right. Thanks for reminding me.... I'd forgotten all about that.

80-track_spec_5_19_22_brushed_25e4c9c194ad81a59c260ff939c141b08aad2754.jpg

80-spyder_e4799cb11393b44e4c31db5b040fcbc6da15fa86.jpg

If you are in search of TUV approved wheels our Unplugged BBS UP-01 wheels are TUV SUD approved. They have been tested beyond 2,000,000 load cycles and are rated to reliably withstand 2145lbs per wheel.

I wonder if the TSW wheels are TUV certified for the Tesla? It's a good sign they are TUV on at lease some of their wheels.

TSW Alloy Wheels announces TÃœV approval

I couldn't find any certification info on NICHE wheels, but I believe I read they are JWL certified.

Great looking tires!
I too am looking at aftermarket wheels. So many to choose from. I have narrowed it down to HRE, Vossen, and TST. I don't know if I should do 19 or 20, but will go with Michelin Pro Sport A/S 3+ tires. I have purchased the book Owning Model S (2nd Edition). In Chapter 17, the author has nice photos of a variety of different wheels. For me, the choice is very difficult!

Tesla adds new aftermarket 20″ ‘Helix’ wheels for the Model X

Tesla seems to have added a new set of 20″ wheels and winter tire package for the Model X on its aftermarket store this week. The new Tesla wheel is called ‘Helix’ and comes equipped with Pirelli Scorpion winter-rated tires.
On its Tesla Gear website, the automaker lists what is included in the package:

• (2) 20X9.0J Helix wheels
  • (2) 20X10J Helix wheels
  • (2) 265/45/20 – Pirelli Scorpion Winter
  • (2) 275/45/20 – Pirelli Scorpion Winter
  • (4) Tire pressure sensors
  • (4) Tesla logo wheel caps
The package is available for $5,500 US.