Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
http://www.onearth.org/node/2230
Slick Numbers: How the Oil Spill Estimates Keep Climbing
None (April 22)

1,000 barrels a day (April 24)

5,000 barrels a day (April 28)

12,000 to 19,000 barrels a day (May 27)

25,000 barrels a day (May 27)

25,000 to 30,000 barrels a day (June 10)
Oil-spill flow rate estimate surges to 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day

35,000 to 60,000 barrels (1.47 million to 2.52 million gallons) of oil a day are now gushing from the reservoir deep beneath the gulf. {June 15}
:frown:

Last edited:

I'm reminded daily how stupid BP thinks we are...

These aren’t exact numbers but its my example...

BP says... "Roughly 25,000 BARRELS of oil are being spilled a day"

BP also says... "We are proud to say we are collecting 50,000 GALLONS of oil a day!"

I hope I'm not reposting, but I'm not the only one who catches this am I?

:rolleyes:

I enjoyed, and generally agreed with, that article. A few points that stuck out to me:
Indeed, the White House believes that, once the trauma of the spill subsides, the chances of passing broad energy legislation—suspended in a partisan coma before the spill—actually will have improved, because the crisis will have a galvanizing effect on America's yearning for a different energy future.
I believe that now is the time to pass some sort of pro-electric bill, not after the trauma has subsided. If they wait too long the only thing that would help increase interest in electric vehicles again is another extreme hike in gasoline prices or another disaster and we can't really afford either one.

Those communities would get funds to build recharging stations, for example, and residents would get an increase in an existing tax credit for buying electric cars, to $10,000 from $7,500.

They mentioned "five to 15" cities would get the above quoted benefit. This could mean that depending on local incentives a base Model S could cost $40,000 or less. :biggrin:

Last edited: