Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Model S Signature Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Signature Red Model S #588 just found its new home. :)

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2036.jpg

Thanks for the responses. But DANG IT!! I was in Tempe at the service center and they had a 2012 Sig. Red/White #588 that had just arrived for reconditioning (it was a sold CPO) ... too bad it was not mine :-( and I forgot to look at the dash. It did have the signature "script" on the lift gate chrome molding and also the fender badges. And @Jason S It had the CF spoiler which looked horrible after weathering. It was faded and appeared to be peeling (perhaps too much AZ. sunshine)??

My cousin in Arizona who has a February 2013 build P85 got his glossy spoiler replaced under warranty last year because it was peeling due to the Arizona heat. I would suspect that's why Tesla switched to the matte finish!

Well here I am to give a "GI - HUGE - IC" SHOUT OUT!!! to Shrink who took the time to spy out and photograph my Sig. #162
which has apparently arrived in Tempe!!! Those pictures are and will be an invaluable resource from now until delivery day "especially on delivery day" as it will give me a before and after perspective I otherwise would not have.

THANK YOU SHRINK !!!!!

Unfortunately it had to be Shrink's efforts and NOT my CPO rep. or my DS to let me know the car was even there. I have heard NOTHING from either. It would be nice if they would have passed that along perhaps with a "revised" delivery window?? now that the unknown of transportation time to my delivery store of choice has been removed from the equation.

Reactions: SoCalLawyer
Signature Owners ..... It’s been wonderful to see so many enthusiastic and passionate Signature Model S owners share their thoughts and ideas on this thread. I started this thread with the idea that those first 1000 or so Model S cars will one day, in the very near future, be true classic driving machines.

But back to my origional questions as to ….. does anyone know of a registry or database that keeps track of the early S Signature Models? I saw a spreadsheet for the Roadster but nothing for the Signatures. I thought it would be fun to collect some informal data on these cars so I put together a Google Form / Sheet that might give us a snapshot of the Signatures’ configurations and distribution. This is meant to be very informal and just for fun. Thoughts and suggestions are always appreciated.

Tesla Model S Signature Car Registry

I added info for my wife's car; although it looks like the 3 is a good fit for us, so we might not have her Sig S much longer. Sniff.

(That's OK, we'll still have my Model S. And I lived through selling my Roadster, so I am sure I can handle this!)

Just added my info.

tccartier and I were talking and can someone shed some light on the differences on the interiors for the Signature Model S's?

My interior on a P85 is white leather with alcantara.

IMG_2046.JPG

Looks like tcartier's 85 has perforated white leather but no alcantara.

IMG_2091.JPG

I thought signature white interiors were all the same, but is mine a White Performance Interior? I see some gray piping on my seats, too.