Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85 Battery 🔋 Range and Charging Max

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
I got refurbished pack last year. SC "we don't make 85watt batteries anymore, u get repaired pack". I have email.
Also there was NO warranty, period. If we pay 22k? It will be for a refurbished pack. They will keep old pack, repair it and sell for 22k again. This totally a rip off. Gruber is the only solution.
That may have been how that was handled quite a while ago and early on when you dealt with it, but it is different now, and this has been covered in some other threads more recently. $22K is for NEW packs. Refurbished packs are being done for about $12K.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

meomyo

Nov 30, 2017
colorado
Replacing a malfunctioning pack with a remanufactured pack while it is under warranty is totally normal. That's what most people receive. Only in special circumstances is a remanufactured pack not used. Once you are out of warranty, you have the choice to purchase a reman or brand new pack for your car. If you purchase a new pack Tesla will give you a 90 kWh battery.
do they even make 75 batteries if my 75d battery craps out down the road? Or will a larger one work in it?

• Love

Rocky_H

Feb 19, 2015
Boise, ID
do they even make 75 batteries if my 75d battery craps out down the road? Or will a larger one work in it?
You're right that they don't make an exactly 75 battery that is identical to that, but they have been doing replacements with a newer type that is close to that, but I think is a little bigger, like about 85-90, and they just limit it a little bit to give it a similar capacity to the older 75's.

• Informative
May 13, 2015
I have a 2013 Model S 85. I used to be able to charge at 275 max and now I am lucky 🍀 if I get 200 max. My range doesn’t last either. If my trip is 40 miles and my current charge is 150, I barely make it home 🏡 with 50 miles left. My battery 🔋 is no longer under warranty and it has been tested at dealership to ensure it is not damaged. The results comeback as battery 🔋 is in good condition. The Tesla technician described the issue of that of a cell phone 📲. With time it will lose its charge. I still don’t know how much it cost to replace the battery 🔋 when the time comes. I have heard $14,000-$20,000. Does anyone know?
22K for mine

Lasttoy

Mar 24, 2017
St Augustine, Fl
I think the only solution for us is Gruber in Phoenix, Electrified Garage in Florida. I called Gruber, they said the price will depend on how many modules they have to replace she said they take care of transportation to and from there. Rough estimate, about $5k. Hopefully more shops will pop up as our antique cars need battery and other repairs. If done most of the mechanical stuff. It's easy.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC