TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

2013 Model S P85+ - fully loaded, nearly new

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by wdimagineer, Aug 6, 2013.

1. wdimagineer

wdimagineer Member

#1 wdimagineer, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    I'm selling my Model S. This car is VIN P14166, delivered on 6/28/13. The car has 1,100 miles on it and is in perfect condition, inside and out.

Life has a funny way of working sometimes. My condo association declined to install charging stations in our garage at the board meeting last night, citing cost and low demand. Up until now I've been charging at a garage nearby where we park our gas car. This isn't optimal as it's 110V using the mobile connector so it's time to let the S go until our condo or my office get charging stations.

The car is fully equipped with every option except the rear child seats.

- Grey exterior
    - Black Performance interior
    - 21" Grey wheels
    - Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    - Performance Plus Package
    - Technology Package
    - Sound Studio Package
    - Active Air Suspension
    - Panoramic Roof
    - Carbon Fiber Decor
    - Twin Chargers
    - Paint Armor
    - Parcel Shelf
    - Window Tint (Huper Optik 35% - all around)

Asking $105,000. MSRP was $116,000.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790391.620884.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790404.404401.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790416.187390.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790431.187657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790441.789058.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790453.471221.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790466.471626.jpg

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

FED credit is gone for anyone who buys it from you

Correct me if I am wrong, but once titled to you, the FED credit is gone for anyone who buys it from you. And don't you have to be a California resident to get the California credit/rebate?

3. justaddsun

justaddsun Member

#3 justaddsun, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    Wow, that's a pretty drastic move for such an awesome car. First preowned P+ on the market here...
    With the money you'd lose on this, maybe consider paying for some/all of a public charging station at your building or close by -- depending on how much you want to keep the car.

With or without the tax credit, it is a strong deal considering the recent Tesla price increase, no? Best of luck to you.

4. twinklejet

twinklejet Member

If you paid 116k for it and you're asking 110k, wouldn't it be cheaper to spend that 6k on paying for the installation?

5. wdimagineer

wdimagineer Member

I can't. I've asked. Spots in my building aren't deeded to specific units and can be reassigned any time. They won't let me install the hpwc or any other charger.

It's frustrating.

6. wdimagineer

wdimagineer Member

I don't know about the tax credit. I figure if I haven't used it someone else should be able to. But it's the government so you never know...

7. Zextraterrestrial

I thought that there was a law that makes it mandatory for Condos to allow charging?

8. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

I was just going to say this. I thought there was a law...maybe it is in the works?

9. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

10. SCW-Greg

SCW-Greg Active Member

There's a federal law that says HOAs cannot prevent a Homeowner com putting solar panels on their own roof, even if the HOA CCRs exclusively says no. I would think there maybe a similar rule, as Zextra is indicating, for charging. It would be worth checking.

11. CapitalistOppressor

No. It was passed and signed by the governor. He can sue them in court, and they are liable for a $1,000 fine if my first read is correct.

12. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

13. wdimagineer

wdimagineer Member

Thanks! Good info. To be more specific, they've agreed to install a common station. A ChargePoint with 2 heads. I think that satisfies the law, but not the needs of EV owners. We have about 8. I can only imagine that traffic jam.

What we all wanted were individual stations. And that they're not doing. At least not yet.

14. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

That's a start at least but not ideal. You said you currently have 110V outlet? Maybe that and some sort of working relationship with the other 8 people would help. If all 8 people joined forces to fund more EVSEs would that help?

15. CapitalistOppressor

I would think that is not sufficient under the law. They are required to approve all reasonable requests, and they can have you pay for it all. If they are 8 owners, they need to satisfy all 8 requests, or else come up with a legally reasonable reason not to. Otherwise they are on the hook for a $1000 civil fine, actual damages and attorney fees if they lose in court.

16. GlennAlanBerry

Looking at that kind of a loss after only having the car for about six weeks, I would think you could find some alternative. Perhaps you could pay for a NEMA 14-50 outlet where you are charging now, or at work? Or maybe a HPWC? If you have been living off of a 120V for six weeks, you must not be driving that much. Anyway, I feel for you, and good luck!

17. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

About the tax credits, unfortunately, you cannot pass them on:

Electric Vehicle Tax Credits: What You Need To Know

So, a buyer will have to factor in that s/he wouldn't get $10k "back" (here in Calif.) unlike a new car buyer.

And, the buyer would have to pay Calif. sales tax on the purchase price so, that needs to be factored in, maybe, in setting your asking price.

Also, if you have claimed and received $2.5k from Calif., upon a sale within 36 months, you may have to return that:

Frequently Asked Questions | CCSE

They may make an exception though but, you'll have to ask ahead of time.

18. CapitalistOppressor

Considering the potential loss and heartbreak, I'd consider banding together with the other EV owners and consulting a lawyer.

19. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Other idea is have all 8 of you run for the board in the long term. Take over the board and approve it:)

20. wdimagineer

wdimagineer Member

I have 110 at the garage I rent a space at. No outlet nearby in my condo garage.

The other EV owners aren't putting up a fight because they charge at work. They want the money spent on other improvements to the community. They consist of several Fits, Leafs, and Volts. I'm continuously talking to them but surprisingly they don't want to budge.

I don't want to go this alone. And since it's just me requesting it (for now) they feel this is an adequate solution. It'll be another 3 months before this issue comes up again and I'm not willing to wait. I can always get another car if things change.

So who's buying my car?