Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85+ - fully loaded, nearly new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm selling my Model S. This car is VIN P14166, delivered on 6/28/13. The car has 1,100 miles on it and is in perfect condition, inside and out.

Life has a funny way of working sometimes. My condo association declined to install charging stations in our garage at the board meeting last night, citing cost and low demand. Up until now I've been charging at a garage nearby where we park our gas car. This isn't optimal as it's 110V using the mobile connector so it's time to let the S go until our condo or my office get charging stations.

The car is fully equipped with every option except the rear child seats.

- Grey exterior
- Black Performance interior
- 21" Grey wheels
- Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Performance Plus Package
- Technology Package
- Sound Studio Package
- Active Air Suspension
- Panoramic Roof
- Carbon Fiber Decor
- Twin Chargers
- Paint Armor
- Parcel Shelf
- Window Tint (Huper Optik 35% - all around)

Asking $105,000. MSRP was $116,000.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790391.620884.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790404.404401.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790416.187390.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790431.187657.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790441.789058.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790453.471221.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375790466.471626.jpg

Last edited:
FED credit is gone for anyone who buys it from you

Correct me if I am wrong, but once titled to you, the FED credit is gone for anyone who buys it from you. And don't you have to be a California resident to get the California credit/rebate?

Wow, that's a pretty drastic move for such an awesome car. First preowned P+ on the market here...
With the money you'd lose on this, maybe consider paying for some/all of a public charging station at your building or close by -- depending on how much you want to keep the car.

With or without the tax credit, it is a strong deal considering the recent Tesla price increase, no? Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
There's a federal law that says HOAs cannot prevent a Homeowner com putting solar panels on their own roof, even if the HOA CCRs exclusively says no. I would think there maybe a similar rule, as Zextra is indicating, for charging. It would be worth checking.

Thanks! Good info. To be more specific, they've agreed to install a common station. A ChargePoint with 2 heads. I think that satisfies the law, but not the needs of EV owners. We have about 8. I can only imagine that traffic jam.

What we all wanted were individual stations. And that they're not doing. At least not yet.

Thanks! Good info. To be more specific, they've agreed to install a common station. A ChargePoint with 2 heads. I think that satisfies the law, but not the needs of EV owners. We have about 8. I can only imagine that traffic jam.

What we all wanted were individual stations. And that they're not doing. At least not yet.

That's a start at least but not ideal. You said you currently have 110V outlet? Maybe that and some sort of working relationship with the other 8 people would help. If all 8 people joined forces to fund more EVSEs would that help?

I would think that is not sufficient under the law. They are required to approve all reasonable requests, and they can have you pay for it all. If they are 8 owners, they need to satisfy all 8 requests, or else come up with a legally reasonable reason not to. Otherwise they are on the hook for a $1000 civil fine, actual damages and attorney fees if they lose in court.

Looking at that kind of a loss after only having the car for about six weeks, I would think you could find some alternative. Perhaps you could pay for a NEMA 14-50 outlet where you are charging now, or at work? Or maybe a HPWC? If you have been living off of a 120V for six weeks, you must not be driving that much. Anyway, I feel for you, and good luck!

About the tax credits, unfortunately, you cannot pass them on:

Electric Vehicle Tax Credits: What You Need To Know

So, a buyer will have to factor in that s/he wouldn't get $10k "back" (here in Calif.) unlike a new car buyer.

And, the buyer would have to pay Calif. sales tax on the purchase price so, that needs to be factored in, maybe, in setting your asking price.

Also, if you have claimed and received $2.5k from Calif., upon a sale within 36 months, you may have to return that:

Frequently Asked Questions | CCSE

They may make an exception though but, you'll have to ask ahead of time.

- Register the new vehicle with the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for a minimum of 36 consecutive months* for use in California. Any government owned vehicle not registered with the California DMV is still required to operate within California for 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date.

*Note: ARB will be periodically checking vehicle identification numbers with vehicle registrations to ensure that CVRP applicants meet this requirement. If an applicant breaks this requirement, ARB or its designee reserves the right to recoup CVRP funds from the original vehicle purchaser identified on the rebate form and may pursue other remedies available under the law. Resale of a vehicle or return to a dealer may be allowed on a case-by-case basis with prior approval by the ARB for unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances.

Looking at that kind of a loss after only having the car for about six weeks, I would think you could find some alternative. Perhaps you could pay for a NEMA 14-50 outlet where you are charging now, or at work? Or maybe a HPWC? If you have been living off of a 120V for six weeks, you must not be driving that much. Anyway, I feel for you, and good luck!

Considering the potential loss and heartbreak, I'd consider banding together with the other EV owners and consulting a lawyer.

I have 110 at the garage I rent a space at. No outlet nearby in my condo garage.

The other EV owners aren't putting up a fight because they charge at work. They want the money spent on other improvements to the community. They consist of several Fits, Leafs, and Volts. I'm continuously talking to them but surprisingly they don't want to budge.

I don't want to go this alone. And since it's just me requesting it (for now) they feel this is an adequate solution. It'll be another 3 months before this issue comes up again and I'm not willing to wait. I can always get another car if things change.

So who's buying my car?