Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 1 QTR predictions/results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Our Supercharging network will grow at an even faster pace."

"We recently energized our 100th Supercharger, located in New Jersey, and plan to install 200 more Superchargers globally this year."

That is a very significant growth of the global Tesla Supercharger network.

Agree it's very agressive and still an undervalued integral part of the Tesla buisness plan.

When it comes to the term "Superchargers" I'm always a bit uncertain if they are talking about 200 New SC locations or 200 New individual SC stalls? The wording in the preceeding sentence though ("100th Supercharger") implies that they mean actual locations.

I'm not sure that you are really "proving the point", though. When VA Linux was trading at $230 there were lots of people with models that showed how the company was going to go to $500. That doesn't mean that it wasn't vastly overvalued at $230 (and six months later it traded at $7).
And to avoid being flamed to a crisp: no, I don't think TSLA is worth $7, no I don't think it is vastly overvalued at $214.98. But yes, I do believe that the current stock price is making extremely positive and optimistic assumptions.

And as a side node, no, I don't believe AT ALL in "efficient market theory". I am much more a follower of the "behavioral market theory". Which is what is influencing my posts here.
So Tesla exceeded its forecast, had no negative surprises in earnings or ER call, and therefore the "efficient market" saw its model and expectations confirmed and Tesla is trading up 2% this morning at $219.
I'm so glad I was wrong and that there wasn't a sell off because people felt that the very positive, solid results didn't live up to their expectations of perfect execution...

So Tesla exceeded its forecast, had no negative surprises in earnings or ER call, and therefore the "efficient market" saw its model and expectations confirmed and Tesla is trading up 2% this morning at $219.
I'm so glad I was wrong and that there wasn't a sell off because people felt that the very positive, solid results didn't live up to their expectations of perfect execution...

I'm sorry, what planet do you live on? Tesla is down 22 points (-11%) to 178...