TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

2015 70kw AP vs 2013 P85 No AP

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by cinemasatty, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cinemasatty

cinemasatty Member

So, I have a deposit on a 2013 Classic P85: 38k miles, SAS, Upgraded Sound, Performance interior, tech package, Deep Blue Metallic for a price of $52000. Its beautiful. We pick it up in a little over a week...
    However! I was just sent an alert for a 2015 70kw: 17k miles, basic seats, no tech package, no options. But, it was Autopilot for $54000. Is it worth paying more and losing the speed and options to get AP? Help!

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

Yes.

SAS is the first option I'd lose.
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound is barely better than the base sound.
    The base seats are decent.

Autopilot makes every difference in the world. Seriously.

• Informative x 1
  3. hingisfan

hingisfan hingisfan_Mark_V

Agree.... Take the 2015...std sound is really good, textile seats really good. Most of what was tech pkg I think u will get anyway, nav, trip planning, driver profiles, auto present handles.

• Informative x 1
  4. Science fan

Science fan Member

My opinion: Absolutely no contest! Take the newer one with auto pilot. The $2,000 and newer build year will come back to you when you sell it, even if it is a decade from now. Build quality will be better and the speed will be far more than you could reasonably need.

• Informative x 1
  5. cinemasatty

cinemasatty Member

Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, the S70 in question was removed in less than 5 hours- unsurprisingly.