Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 model s 70, charged 100% since new

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All 70s are actually 75kw/h software limited batteries right? So in that sense, this car has been sitting with a ~93% fully charged battery. That's quite a bit of wiggle room compared to charging a 90 to 100%. If Tesla agree to respect warranty, that sounds like one heck of a deal at 35k.
Well as Az_Real said Tesla has no choice but to honor it, if a fan buy#s theseearly adopter cars and supports the cause, and does not know better, Elon will not Penalize, the service center did not know when I called, I'm sure Elon's policy will hold fast, once I get it, I better drive it, and make sure The battery and car gets tested !

35K is pretty good for the car assuming the options are there. I.e autopilot premium package etc. as for the battery, I would do some long test run to make sure the range is still good. I am not sure how your friend would like it though. You would have to add a few hundred miles to the car to verify. But like others have said check with the service center and make sure you can get the battery swap if the battery does go bad. Remember you have 8 years unlimited miles warranty on the car so I think that is some assurance of the car.

What are the full specs?

2015 Tesla Series M

VIN: 5YJSA1E1OFF116709
condition: new
cylinders: other
drive: 4wd
fuel: electric
odometer: 214
paint color: black
size: full-size
title status: clean
2015 Tesla Model S. This Tesla Model S is only has 214 miles on it. The Black Exterior paint shows wonderfully. The Black Leather Interior is just like it was new.

Features & Options:
* 4'Wheel Disc Brakes
* AM/FM Stereo
* Air Bag Driver
* Air Bag Passenger
* Air Bag Side
* Air Bag Side Head only rear
* Air Conditioning
* Rear Air Conditioning
* All Wheel Drive
* Brakes 4 Wheel ABS
* Bucket Seats
* Child Safety Locks
* Auto Climate Control
* Cruise Control
* Daytime Running Lights
* Engine Immobilzer Anti Theft System
* Headlights Auto Turn Off
* Headlights- High Intensity Discharge
* Heated Side Mirriors
* Keyless Entry
* Leather Seats
* MP3 Sound System
* Mirriors Power Driver
* Navigation
* Parking Assistance
* Power Driver's Seat
* Power Locks
* Power Passenger Seat
* Power Steering
* Power Windows
* Remote Trunk Release
* Power Sun Roof
* Seat Heated Driver
* Seat Heated Passenger
* Spoiler
* Steering Wheel Controls
* Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
* Free Wireless Telephone Connection
* Tilt Wheel
* Tire Pressure Monitoring System
* Traction Control
* Aluminum Wheels
* Rain Sensoring Wipers
* Speed Intermitted Wipers

I don't think Tesla can invalidate the warranty on the battery simply because it was charged to 100% all the time and stored in a hot location.

Here is what Elon Musk had to say about it in a blog post:

(I added the bold.)

Creating the World’s Best Service and Warranty Program

--
Battery Warranty

The battery pack in your car is obviously very important and expensive to replace. In developing the Model S, we took great care to ensure that the battery would protect itself, always retaining a few percent of energy. If something goes wrong, it is therefore our fault, not yours.

Except in the cases of a collision, opening of the battery pack by non-Tesla personnel or intentional abuse (lighting the pack on fire with a blowtorch is not covered!), all damage is covered by warranty, including improper maintenance or unintentionally leaving the pack at a low state of charge for years on end. The battery will be replaced at no cost by a factory reconditioned unit with an energy capacity equal to or better than the original pack before the failure occurred.

The intent is to provide complete peace of mind about owning your Model S even if you never read or followed the instructions in the manual.

Elon
Andy you got it, you are 1st dibs and yes because you put me onto the warranty. Andy, is 10 K under nadaguides.com retail ok? Other than the battery worry which is now mitigated I've heard 2013-2015 cars had fit and finish not up to 2016 beyond model S cars since they were early cars, what do you think ?

With my reveal and being an honest person about what was disclosed to me about warranty, he has had a change of heart and is now 12,500 above what was paid in 2015, I'm included woth the rest of the world So I'm out

I'll order a new S 60 2017 and be ahead )

Good luck and and thanks for the interesting comments ALL

I'LL GO SAVE DOLLARS ON A NEW one.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS