Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Tesla shareholders meeting -- reporting as the meeting proceeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone who has been accosted by PETA on the streets of Manhattan (Canada Goose jacket wearer), that lady was the most reasonable person from PETA I've come across.

That's the third presentation on eliminating leather. We get it. Next.

As someone who has been accosted by PETA on the streets of Manhattan (Canada Goose jacket wearer), that lady was the most reasonable person from PETA I've come across.

That's the third presentation on eliminating leather. We get it. Next.

All of the presentations have been entirely reasonable. I'm glad the lady asked her question, and I'm glad Elon answered it quickly and non-dismissively. The others were in the form of shareholder proposals which Tesla would be bound to do. They don't want to be bound to do it now, that's fine. But it makes eminent sense for them to look into it, and I'm glad people are pressuring them to do it. Non-leather options should certainly be available. It's an environmental company. The environment should take front seat.

Totally get but it was addressed earlier. Why continue to press expecting a different result.

Yeah, fair. But those were in the form of binding votes, this was another question for Tesla to look after in their own time. The people in the room seemed to like it too. I don't see a problem, or why so many commenters here have been so venomous about this.

All of the presentations have been entirely reasonable. I'm glad the lady asked her question, and I'm glad Elon answered it quickly and non-dismissively. The others were in the form of shareholder proposals which Tesla would be bound to do. They don't want to be bound to do it now, that's fine. But it makes eminent sense for them to look into it, and I'm glad people are pressuring them to do it. Non-leather options should certainly be available. It's an environmental company. The environment should take front seat.

Agreed!

Q: What are you expecting for Model X safety. And what about insurance rates?

A: Injury rate is substantially lower than other cars, insurance companies should take note.

Probably lowest probability of injury of any SUV. Roll over risk is very low. Likely 5 star in every category and sub category.