Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Facelift MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just missed a great deal on a 70D facelift AP1. AP2 isn't that important to me since I feel that the AP1 is good enough. I really want a 90D facelift but didn't find any used ones that I could afford right now. Many friends have told me to wait a couple of months and people should start selling their used 2016 90D facelift AP1 cars. Question is, do most owners dump their facelift cars that they just purchased for a AP2 car?

So I just missed a great deal on a 70D facelift AP1. AP2 isn't that important to me since I feel that the AP1 is good enough. I really want a 90D facelift but didn't find any used ones that I could afford right now.

I was trying the same thing but couldn't find any discounts for the lack of AP2 (all inventory cars were at most age+mileage discounted), so I ordered a 60D before the prices went up (+$2,500 total increase since last month for my configuration).

Many friends have told me to wait a couple of months and people should start selling their used 2016 90D facelift AP1 cars. Question is, do most owners dump their facelift cars that they just purchased for a AP2 car?
I am pretty sure that is not what most owners are doing. I'd be willing to bet the percentage of people doing that is very small, far from 50% (most means >50%).

A new 60D will cost in the $95k range. A used 70D are in the high $60k range. A big delta for us poor folks. I was hoping a used 90D will be in the $70k range but for some reason, the $10k delta from 70 to 90 in the used market doesn't hold like it does when you are ordering new for some reason.

A new 60D will cost in the $95k range. A used 70D are in the high $60k range.
A brand new 60D after federal incentives and referral is $64.5 today (was $62.5 before Nov 23rd). To reach $95K for a 60D it would have every single option but FSD (not available on 70D) and rear seats. I doubt you will find a CPO 70D loaded with every option like that in the $60K range. I think you may be comparing apples to oranges.

That's because I don't view the 7500 as cash back. Only the state check of 2500. That would make a fully loaded 60D in the $90k cash price.
Ok, so $90K not $95K, you're heading in the right direction. Not sure what it means "I don't view" but if it's not just a matter of perception and you in fact cannot get the $7500 rebate, then absolutelt a CPO is right off the batt that much cheaper. I still think you'll be hard pressed to find a CPO 70D fully loaded with the same features that take a 60D to $90K in the $60K range.

PS) if you lease, the 7500 is added to your residual value, reducing you cap and therefore monthly payment (leasing company does view it as cash back which they let you benefit from for the duration of the lease).