Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are proactively calling people with pending orders as well. (They asked if I wanted the "free upgrade", and if I wanted to take delivery early)
Guy said that the new charger was standard, but to upgrade I would have to pay the $500 change fee.
I don't understand that logic, I want to give them an extra $1500 to change from something I didn't order to something else I didn't order, for a car without a VIN.
Oh well, I guess 48amp is fast enough, we hardly ever needed the 80amp from my wife's car anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: cochese
I am curious with the letter from Tesla saying since you ordered the car you will be given the new model S nosecone and headlights for free. If you did place an order and actually prefer the old (I guess now called classic) look, would you have option to have that instead (or are you forced with the new look no matter what)? I'm not sure I would be happy if I placed an order expecting one look and get a completely different look if I didn't like the new look.

When I originally ordered my car in Oct 2015, I had April delivery date to coincide with my birthday, but during one visit, the manager had said you might get the new refreshed Model S likely modeled after the Model X. I actually didn't like the front of the model X, and I actually bumped my delivery to Dec 2015 just to ensure it. Honestly I'm glad I did. The big thing I see about this new version is the LED adaptive headlights (hoping can retrofit) but other than that, happy with my choice.

They are proactively calling people with pending orders as well. (They asked if I wanted the "free upgrade", and if I wanted to take delivery early)
Guy said that the new charger was standard, but to upgrade I would have to pay the $500 change fee.
I don't understand that logic, I want to give them an extra $1500 to change from something I didn't order to something else I didn't order, for a car without a VIN.
Oh well, I guess 48amp is fast enough, we hardly ever needed the 80amp from my wife's car anyway.
I have no idea if it's true, but on this Model X thread, a couple of folks are claiming the upgrade from 48 Amp to 72 Amp is software and can be applied later.

Figured I'd throw in my findings as well- Just got confirmation from my DS who confirmed after I received the free nosecone update e-mail from Tesla that this also includes all of the updated premium interior features as well. I'm stoked.

Also received the "Order in queue? Goodies at no cost to you!" message. Pumped about that.

Curious to know if the options I'd ordered carry over to the new options as well. (i.e., Premium interior/upgrades specifically) / adaptive LED, etc.

Yes according to the rep at tesla i spoke to 5 minutes ago! I will be getting all the new upgraded option i have selected (including the premium upgrades package). I was really worried about this glad we are being grandfathered in..... :)

I think all this distinction between automatic vs power is just an editing issue. My guess is they're the same. Power liftgate is now standard across the board.

Just talked to local store - they said automatic does not equal power. Automatic means it pops open with the fob but that you have to still manually raise/lower it. They will double check, however.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and ohmman
That's great! Ordered mine today! Happy to pay the little bit extra :) GO TESLA!

I ordered my Model S last Thursday. I received the Tesla email saying I'd receive the new front end and lights at no charge.

I received a response email from my salesman saying that since I ordered the premium interior and lighting package on 4/7 that my Model S will get everything included on the refresh luxury package, which means all the filters and bio- weapon whatever.

Here is a ? That I am waiting for a response to:
I ordered the no extra charge piano black interior decor. That option is obsolete and ALL the new decor options cost $750-$1,000. I wonder what I will end up...?

I ordered my Model S last Thursday. I received the Tesla email saying I'd receive the new front end and lights at no charge.

I received a response email from my salesman saying that since I ordered the premium interior and lighting package on 4/7 that my Model S will get everything included on the refresh luxury package, which means all the filters and bio- weapon whatever.

Here is a ? That I am waiting for a response to:
I ordered the no extra charge piano black interior decor. That option is obsolete and ALL the new decor options cost $750-$1,000. I wonder what I will end up...?

I think that the dark ash is now the "base" and replaces piano.