Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 P100D with AP2 for $79K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much difference from some CPO cars being used as service loaners. We know CPO inventory vehicles have been used as service loaners as some forum members have found their loaner in the CPO inventory for sale.

I feel some of the CPO inventory gets trashed/abused and end up in such bad shape after being used as service loaners for a while. At least this car is sitting at a dealer lot and not being used as a service loaner until sold...

When I bought my 2016 P100D I sold my 2013 P85 to Tesla. Three months later I had a service appt for some minor repairs/adjustments. The loaner they gave my was my old P85!

I am a bit surprised with the lack of P100D inventory. There should be dozens of P100Ds for sale now based on the 2016 2 and 3 year leases along with the 2017 2 year leases being returned.

I think for the first two years the P100D depreciaition is closer to about $2,500/month.

I'm sure that's due to them probably not selling too many. I rarely see any on the road. Also why would anyone sell a P100D. If There is nothing better available in Tesla's lineup. I mean if there was something better announced I'm sure I would also send it

With a fully loaded P100D being $20K cheaper now, the question is what will happen to used prices? The price on this one is just a joke now.

Model S P100D 5YJSA1E46GF160421 | Tesla

I agree. In fact most P100D customers would I am sure be "happy" with the "base" P100D that you can now buy for around $115K and that's for a brand new 2019 car with 0-60 of "just" 3 seconds.

Also those P100Ds that used to cost $160K are now $140K. So their new value has now come down by about $20K.

Wow, P100D prices are even lower now. Y0u can get a 3s 0-60 P100D with EAP and FSD for around $105K after the federal rebate.

This is for a brand new car.

Makes all those P100Ds in the market for over $100K seem a bit silly pricing wise by comparison.

Even with Ludicrous a brand new P100D is just around $120K now. Anyone looking to buy a P100D should be very careful with pricing, as it may make more sense to just buy new.

Prices of new vs used is nothing new. Dealerships have had this problem before. Where MSRP, incentives etc have made buying new more appealing then buying used, because of the low ROI from taking a trade in and trying to flip it for a profit.

Private seller's try to recoup some costs but almost always end up selling at a loss. It will take time to have the prices drop once both dealerships and private seller's have to sit on a car unsold.

There is a section in this article to speaks to cross shopping and the misnomer that Used will always get you a better deal than new.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jalopn...-mistakes-used-car-buyers-make-1794950813/amp