Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki 2016 Table Topics Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

danny

TMCing Since 2006
Administrator
Aug 15, 2006
California
Referral Code
As usual, during lunch at TMC Connect we have several tables that are designated for specific discussion topics. You then sit at the table (first come first served) for the topic you'd like to discuss over lunch.

Please suggest what discussion topics you'd like available this year.

Here's last year's list: 2015 Thread Table Topics
And 2014's list: 2014 Thread Table Topics
It's ok to have repeats.

Summary:
  • TMC International Community Building
  • SpaceX
  • Model 3
  • Roadster - Curt
  • Future Models
  • Secret Master Plan 2
  • SCTY Acquisition
  • Tesla Driving Service (Uberlike or Autonomous)
  • Car use tips and tricks including AutoPilot.
  • Road Trips: PapaFox
  • Funniest 'Tesla moments'
  • Telling curious ICE drivers what they really want to know
  • TSLA Investing

Last edited:
Automaker responses to Tesla's mission "to catalyze the mass market for EVs"
Telling curious ICE drivers what they really want to know

I don't feel a burning need to be a table moderator, but if you need people I could do it for one of the above topics, or Roadster or Road Trips.

I'd be happy to moderate a ROAD TRIPS table. After touring 50 states in my Model S last summer, I have lots to share and would enjoy hearing what type of trips others have planned. Michael Fritts, the first EV driver to tour all 50 states (along with Lita Elbertson), was going to join me at Connect this year, but a schedule conflict may prevent his attendance.

Reactions: Saxena and ModelX
I'd be happy to moderate a ROAD TRIPS table. After touring 50 states in my Model S last summer, I have lots to share and would enjoy hearing what type of trips others have planned. Michael Fritts, the first EV driver to tour all 50 states (along with Lita Elbertson), was going to join me at Connect this year, but a schedule conflict may prevent his attendance.
Cool, and pls do tell how Michael made it to AK and HI with his MS - you know what they say about enquiring minds.

Cool, and pls do tell how Michael made it to AK and HI with his MS - you know what they say about enquiring minds.

CatB, Nice to meet you in person at Connect 2016!
Michael Fritts and I used a nearly identical route to get our Model S vehicles to Alaska. We both chose Hyder, AK, as our goal because it's on the southern panhandle. Otherwise, one needs to head way north through Canada before heading towards Fairbanks and other Alaskan communities.

There's a community named Prince George in British Columbia where I recharged at a Tesla destination charging station at my hotel. Michael lacked that convenience the year before, and mostly we charged at RV parks, which typically offer 220V, 50amp connections that fit the adapter Tesla supplies with each car. In Houston, B.C., there was an honest-to-goodness EV charger installed by the city, which both of us used (the Mayor of Houston even drove out with a bunch of councilmen to meet me and take some pictures of the Tesla charging at the station). I used an RV park in a gorgeous place called Smithers, not far past Houston, for an overnight charge that led to a none-stop drive to Hyder, AK/Stewart CA. Michael had an 85 and made the last leg from Houston, I drove a 70D and needed to be closer, thus Smithers. We both drove slowly to extend range. Sometimes I was driving as slow as 35 mph in the most isolated areas near Alaska, because there was no traffic and because the scenery was just too gorgeous to rush. A speed of 45 mph was more common on legs that required getting better mileage than the Tesla normally does. Be sure to click the link in my signature if you haven't yet viewed the blog of my trip.

Reactions: CatB
CatB, Nice to meet you in person at Connect 2016!
Michael Fritts and I used a nearly identical route to get our Model S vehicles to Alaska. We both chose Hyder, AK, as our goal because it's on the southern panhandle. Otherwise, one needs to head way north through Canada before heading towards Fairbanks and other Alaskan communities.

There's a community named Prince George in British Columbia where I recharged at a Tesla destination charging station at my hotel. Michael lacked that convenience the year before, and mostly we charged at RV parks, which typically offer 220V, 50amp connections that fit the adapter Tesla supplies with each car. In Houston, B.C., there was an honest-to-goodness EV charger installed by the city, which both of us used (the Mayor of Houston even drove out with a bunch of councilmen to meet me and take some pictures of the Tesla charging at the station). I used an RV park in a gorgeous place called Smithers, not far past Houston, for an overnight charge that led to a none-stop drive to Hyder, AK/Stewart CA. Michael had an 85 and made the last leg from Houston, I drove a 70D and needed to be closer, thus Smithers. We both drove slowly to extend range. Sometimes I was driving as slow as 35 mph in the most isolated areas near Alaska, because there was no traffic and because the scenery was just too gorgeous to rush. A speed of 45 mph was more common on legs that required getting better mileage than the Tesla normally does. Be sure to click the link in my signature if you haven't yet viewed the blog of my trip.

Great meeting you too - and this is working its way onto my bucket list... :)