Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.44 - Whats in it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chill mode sounds like the exact opposite of why I wanted a Tesla lol
Having the option for it is nice though. One of my pet peeves of riding in other peoples’ Tesla’s is that they forget that their passengers cannot predict sudden acceleration and they end up nearly flinging my phone into my face at the worst times.

It’s a nice mode to have when transporting other people or if you have fragile cargo. Otherwise it’s too tempting to forget about the need to lightly modulate the accelerator.

I think they have been working on Chill mode with previous updates. Starting from a stop with AP2 with wife reading book in the front seat has improved according to her through these updates since our July delivery. Nothing like 13k since then. Been a blast. I think the ability for the passenger to not have to look out to "feel better" is a big deal. The feeling in a boat when you need to see the horizon line when it gets a bit rough.....Should be interesting to see.

Maybe Chill mode for the kids driving with lockout all the time on this and other models. Different than valet.

Almost seems Eco mode like from other manufactures. See tire savings, better range. So why not just give us some preferences on range mode rather than a mystery?

Chill mode might really help the passenger in any potential ridesharing/FSD world if it ever comes about. Nothing like coffee if you let it in your car on a shirt from a sudden need to accelerate to merge.:D

I think it would make sense that chill mode later on is extended to include EAP/FSD automatic driving behaviour.

People have lots of different opinions on how the computer drives. When it changed to accelerate and brake harder in traffic on 40/42, some oldies don't like that, while other people like it better than before.

84A63E37-C277-4EF0-9EA4-11DA836A35E6.jpeg This is what it looks like:

With the chill mode if you punch the accelerator fast and/or hard will it override the reduction in acceleration? Some other cars do that in eco mode. That would be a nice way to get the smooth acceleration but not have to compromise if a sudden need for it were present.

I’d also like to see it possible to just engage chill mode for cruise control or autopilot but remain off for manual driving. When driving rolling hills with cruise control there’s tendency to make passengers a bit queasy.

Reactions: BLKTSLA