Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.44 - Whats in it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We put our cars in park a lot when picking up and dropping off passengers but it doesn't mean we're getting in or out. My Lexus activates the easy ingress/egress mode by opening the door.

My 11 Year old Infiniti is also activated by door, but it much faster than my MS. Probably will stick with my exit profile I made.

Let Tesla know you'd like the trigger a configuration selection. I think we all should...

Till then, use hill hold and neutral instead of park for your use case?

Reactions: MP3Mike
Hmmm. Not at car. Don’t have this release yet. I use park to reveal door handles for passenger pickup. Very gracious. If I use hold and am not in park (don’t want to exit), how do I reveal handles? Will fob or screen ui work if not in park?

Hmmm. Not at car. Don’t have this release yet. I use park to reveal door handles for passenger pickup. Very gracious. If I use hold and am not in park (don’t want to exit), how do I reveal handles? Will fob or screen ui work if not in park?

Just went out to finally install .44. Well, my idea won't work. Hill hold is removed on selecting neutral, at least with .42. Assuming that's not changed. Sticking with my own exit profile. What's an additional screen pick? At least it works that way I want it to.

you have a Model S 75, right? You posted earlier that you just got it. I'll assume it's a 75.

I must say the D changes everything with respect to initial acceleration and the ability to put torque down so you might be missing out on some of that and thus not get the need for help modulating the throttle.

Also a 90D or 100D experience is radically different to that of a 75 RWD. Not to mention any of the P variants.

So perhaps your experience in your rear wheel drive, 75 kw battery isn't really indicative of all owners.

Also...why complain about an added feature? It's not like they neutered your throttle...they are giving you the option to self neuter for whatever reason you wish. Can't see the downside.

Hmm, have driven both P100D and 75 many times. Honestly, unless with full throttle, can't feel too much difference. Btw, 75 is only 0.1s slower than 75D, which is as fast as a 90D.

My update offered yesterday morning as I was leaving for work. I delayed until 8pm. The update failed. I hope it comes again so I don’t have to go to the service center.

Any experience how long it takes to come a second time?

Bummer about the egress/ingress mode being activated by park. I would have thought they would have activated it by opening the door.

Door open == easy entry mode.
Door closed == profile tied to fob.

So every day when I pull up to my daughters school to drop her off and pick her up and I go into park mode, it's going to activate the easy entry profile????? We put our cars in park a lot when picking up and dropping off passengers but it doesn't mean we're getting in or out. My Lexus activates the easy ingress/egress mode by opening the door.

The seat and steering wheel are so slow, it would take too long if you waited until opening door.

Bummer about the egress/ingress mode being activated by park. I would have thought they would have activated it by opening the door.

Door open == easy entry mode.
Door closed == profile tied to fob.

So every day when I pull up to my daughters school to drop her off and pick her up and I go into park mode, it's going to activate the easy entry profile????? We put our cars in park a lot when picking up and dropping off passengers but it doesn't mean we're getting in or out. My Lexus activates the easy ingress/egress mode by opening the door.

Would be nice if it were configurable. Ideally, I would like it to activate on the following conditions: seat belt unbuckled and in park. They should have a truth table for it so user can specify how it activates. At door open would be too late for me, then you sit there and wait while in the rain.... no thanks :)

The Easy entry works but its really slow. I wish the steering adjustments were quicker. It takes quite a while for it to boot up and get to my driving position. But it does work and is nice to have. Honestly I'd rather see a major OS revision, browser, better music player, nav improvements over these other features. But yeah, atleast somethings coming out to keep things interesting.

• Just got the update this morning. Chill mode works as advertised, somewhat smoother as long as the car is the front is visible but if you turn to next lane and less busy then it will speed up faster.
  • Easy entry took several tries to get somewhat working, have to press on the brake to get back to my own profile - it's not automatic after I sat down.

The seat and steering wheel are so slow, it would take too long if you waited until opening door.

They're the same speed as our 2007 Lexus SC430. The retraction doesn't have to be complete by the time you start to egress. For getting in, the seat and wheel will already be retracted and would start to move back into profile position once the door closes. I can live with it still moving the last bit while I'm putting the car into drive.

Got this update 2 days ago (3?). Tested Chill mode to utterly ugly effect. Normal energy use over 30 mile average is about 250 Wh/mi. Chill mode zoomed it to 493 Wh/mi. I turned off Chill and saw the diagram nearly straight-line down to prior range over the next 5 miles and after 30 miles off Chill, back to ~250Wh/mi. My first unpleasant upgrade experience.

Got this update 2 days ago (3?). Tested Chill mode to utterly ugly effect. Normal energy use over 30 mile average is about 250 Wh/mi. Chill mode zoomed it to 493 Wh/mi. I turned off Chill and saw the diagram nearly straight-line down to prior range over the next 5 miles and after 30 miles off Chill, back to ~250Wh/mi. My first unpleasant upgrade experience.
Hmmmmm that sure sounds off though I’m sure you are accurately reporting it... but I would love to hear a retest with reversing the order of things to compensate for battery heating and normal spikes at the beginning of a drive . The efficiency improvement should not be different than any ofther mode if you don’t throttle it.... which is the problem with testing this hypothesis ....

Hmmmmm that sure sounds off though I’m sure you are accurately reporting it... but I would love to hear a retest with reversing the order of things to compensate for battery heating and normal spikes at the beginning of a drive . The efficiency improvement should not be different than any ofther mode if you don’t throttle it.... which is the problem with testing this hypothesis ....
Good thoughts. I will try to test same:same and report back.

Reactions: buttershrimp
Are there still many owners that haven’t received this update? I still haven’t.

Seems to have ground to a halt 2 days ago (soon to be 3). It went wide for only 2 days. I bet they have something else big coming now. It will include chill and the easy-exit but also some improvement (hopefully a new feature like IC classification of objects or lane changing locally). I'd like to think they would also be rolling out highway autolane change sometime before the end of the year.

Reactions: Ken7