Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you make a reservation now, you'll receive your Model 3 by end of next year. Does this mean he really expects to sell at least 400k Model 3 by the end of 2018?

It means he expects to sell 500k+ Model 3's by end-2018, since it is highly likely that Model 3 reservations are close to 600k at this point.

I have said before that I expect 75,000 Model 3 deliveries in 2017, so his comment is in-line with my projection.

I'm really intrigued by this proposed urban charging infrastructure. I wonder if it will be more compact than standard Supercharger sites? More numerous?

I think it could be possible to have a super dense urban charging site. I've seen some urban parking areas with multi-level shelving for cars. If the cars can drive themselves on Autopilot, people can just drop the car off at the parking area, and the car will park and charge itself.

Reactions: dirtyofries
MODEL Y INCREDIBLE STATEMENTS :

- He expects even more demand than the M3
- 2 times faster to produce
- Completely different design than what cars are known to be made
- Half the price to produce

I have said earlier today (to @Reciprocity I believe) that Model Y price may be significantly lower than Model 3.

Elon's comment is in-line with my projection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.