Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am puzzled at your question. Of course they go to marketing/loaners/new inventory to replace cars that were sold out of this pool. Why are you asking this question? I never suggested otherwise.

That pool GREW by 2000. See above. I can't make this any clearer. To turn your question upside down. Why did that pool GROW when the backlog increased?

• Helpful
Reactions: mmd
Inventory is not a dirty word people. I know the Bears are screaming "INVENTORY" like its a death knell or something. They are really grasping at straws when their best argument is omg they are attempting to have cars ready to go for buyers who don't want to wait.

It's also possible they are working on increasing their loaner fleet (based on some of Jon Mc's posts here).

• Informative
Reactions: schonelucht
Last edited:
For @AlMc ;)

IMG_0117.jpg

So the fluctuations between 180-287 that has been happening is finally gonna change? The Upper BB gonna get broken and we gonna see 300+ before May 3rd(earnings) ..

best thing to do next few days is to just sit back and watch the price rising :)

Bigger picture,
#1)How does Tesla get to 500K in 2018? We know that with 2 production lines, S/X will do 100K-120K. My understanding is that there will be 4 production lines for Model3?
Assuming production lines in Freemont only and 4 production lines and 50 week average, that would be 2000/week per line. Roughly Model 3 throughput needs to be twice as fast as S/X? if there is another thread thats discussing this please can someone point me to it. thanks.

#2)When is TE gonna get it's due and get fairly valued? We have Storage and Solar Roof ..

I have a theory about EAP revenue and Deliveries. I have a feeling they will not recognize any of the EAP revenue in Q1. I believe this will be in-part because they will have a nice surprise to the upside on deliveries. Mostly because the expectations had been lowered with the shutdown for retooling/maintenance in Feb. I think deliveries will come in very strong due to the overhang of 6000+ cars in transit and the much talked about 2000+ cars that missed being delivered in Q4 by a day. They said they added production days, probably weekends and 3rd shift to compensate, so deliveries could come in north of 24k and maybe even north of 25k based on some of the VIN data and international tracking. There has also been a big push to deliver cars to China to take advantage of some expiring incentives. I think they will actually hold the EAP money for Q2 when they do not have such a huge overhang and lowered expectations. The EAP number will also be much bigger by then and EAP will have easily exceeded AP1 capabilities, which will remove any doubts about whether they should be recognizing the revenues. If they recognize those revs or even part of them in Q1, there might be questions about whether they should be doing that with only 2 cameras active and no AP1 parity. I believe Q2 deliveries will be the ones that lag, mostly due to the ramp for Model 3 production. Tesla is planning on almost doubling the number of cars they produce per week from July - Sept. They are going to have to hire a lot of people and get them trained in Q2.

I called my shot. Now we will see if Tesla recognizes a significant amount of EAP revenue. My theory is that they will not and they will do so in Q2.

Status
Not open for further replies.