Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Saw the line moving last night for the first time.

I found this golden nugget from one of the Model 3 thread. The poster indicated that he/she saw the M3 line moving for the first time last night and this is how it looks like.

The poster last indicated in October 2017 that:

“This is visible from the Fremont factory supercharger. So anyone planning to charge there can check it out.”

During October the line appears to be idle, but now it’s moving pretty nicely. The poster also indicated that this is the M3 line.

Glimpse of M3 Assemble Line?
man, is this the reason that TSLA is UP today? Don't think it was Elon's twitt

It may well be the larger factor. Elon's semi-truck tweet was made on Sunday, yet shares were down a few dollars during pre-market and early trading Monday. The initial market reaction may have been that Elon was being hyperbolic. The market may have then gradually sensed that the Model 3 assembly line is accelerating. The media only grabbed on to the tweet news, and seems to be behind the curve regarding the assembly line situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: sundaymorning
VERY IMPORTANT news BUT not so many people will understand its impact right now.

Just so people can have a basic idea : 25% of Google search are already done by voice today.

And it's just the beginning.

Let that sink in for a moment ....

Just to be clear this isn't news, it's a prediction. I do think it will happen though, and it explains why Elon had said 'it won't matter' in response to a question about having to look over to the center screen. This will be a case of other auto makers again trying to catch up to Tesla while Tesla sprints further ahead.

• Informative
Reactions: STARR X
Figure this question might be worth posing: will the event on Thursday really be mind blowing? What exactly does mind blowing mean to you? To me they would have to reveal the Semi and a pickup truck, or the Semi and a detailed plan and partnership arrangement for making it, or they will imminently brake ground on the factory for it or something like that. Or maybe it drives itself. That sort of stuff would really be mind-blowing to me, I'm not sure about fast charging. Should be interesting to see if this will be typical stock slump after announcement sort of thing or if it really blows peoples' minds.

Last edited:
Just to be clear this isn't news, it's a prediction. I do think it will happen though, and it explains why Elon had said 'it won't matter' in response to a question about having to look over to the center screen. This will be a case of other auto makers again trying to catch up to Tesla while Tesla sprints further ahead.
It seems like it's not an "if" thing, just a "when". Would be cool if when they do the coast to coast autopilot demo they just say "hey Tessie, take me to New York".

Figure this question might be worth posing: will the event on Thursday really be mind blowing? What exactly does mind blowing mean to you? To me they would have to reveal the Semi and a pickup truck, or the Semi and a detailed plan and partnership arrangement for making it, or they will imminently brake ground on the factory for it or something like that. Or maybe it drives itself. That sort of stuff would really be mind-blowing to me, I'm not sure about fast charging. Should be interesting to see if this will be typical stock slump after announcement sort of thing or if it really blows people's mind.

For me, mind-blowing would mean a reveal of some positive news that no-one, or almost no-one, saw coming. Something that really gives that, "whoa, that was out of left field!" effect.

I'm keeping my expectations low.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRP3
Figure this question might be worth posing: will the event on Thursday really be mind blowing? What exactly does mind blowing mean to you? To me they would have to reveal the Semi and a pickup truck, or the Semi and a detailed plan and partnership arrangement for making it, or they will imminently brake ground on the factory for it or something like that. Or maybe it drives itself. That sort of stuff would really be mind-blowing to me, I'm not sure about fast charging. Should be interesting to see if this will be typical stock slump after announcement sort of thing or if it really blows peoples' minds.

I think it will be mind blowing by the performances : 0-60 in less than half the time of traditional semis + very good battery capacity + maybe a wireless charger or some kind of innovation in this field for the semi + full self driving capabilities.

Reactions: EinSV
That level of Elon hype probably means it will be a normal (specs wise), competitive Semi, in the same way the Model S is normal and competitive with other similarly priced sedans. In other words, it will be better in essentially every way that matters. It won't be a 100 mile semi like the other companies have rushed to unveil. No one else has an electric semi that is anywhere near close to an ICE one, so that will be mind-blowing by comparison.

Supercharging, range, GF3/4 or whatever about the Semi is not mindblowing. This is just infrastructure.

My bet is on autonomy. Elon was using similar language before "part 2" of Model 3 unveiling and it was about AP2, so I suspect some major breakthrough in this area.

Or something completely else.

But I'd be really disappointed if it's another product (Y/pickup). OK, I maybe maybe might accept new Roadster, but I think that will be a hobby project, so not really mind blowing either. Unless it can fly / dig itself underground.

Reactions: zdriver
maybe a wireless charger or some kind of innovation in this field for the semi

I really don't understand the obsession with wireless charging, especially for the semi. Imagine a 90% efficiency wireless charger, charging a 300kWh pack in 1 hour (gotta be competitive with cable charging, since you're trying to save time/effort by not having to plug a cable in). The losses here are around 30kWh, or about 100k BTU. That's the output of my house's furnace. That's a totally insane amount of waste to avoid plugging a cable in, especially when we've already seen a proof of concept snake charger.

I really don't understand the obsession with wireless charging, especially for the semi. Imagine a 90% efficiency wireless charger, charging a 300kWh pack in 1 hour (gotta be competitive with cable charging, since you're trying to save time/effort by not having to plug a cable in). The losses here are around 30kWh, or about 100k BTU. That's the output of my house's furnace. That's a totally insane amount of waste to avoid plugging a cable in, especially when we've already seen a proof of concept snake charger.

Yes that's why wireless charging or some other kind of innovation in that field (charging).
Maybe snake charger yes.

Figure this question might be worth posing: will the event on Thursday really be mind blowing? What exactly does mind blowing mean to you?

My mind will be blown by nothing less than Elon Musk showing us the REAL Space Cowboy that we all know him to be; Riding into the arena Thursday night on the back of a BFR (ala Slim Pickins in the movie Dr. Strangelove), which is being towed by a black Tesla Semi up and out of a freshly bored tunnel from next door at SpaceX.

I mean, it seems obvious, doesn’t it? Come on... think about it.

My mind will be blown by nothing less than Elon Musk showing us the REAL Space Cowboy that we all know him to be; Riding into the arena Thursday night on the back of a BFR (ala Slim Pickins in the movie Dr. Strangelove), which is being towed by a black Tesla Semi up and out of a freshly bored tunnel from next door at SpaceX.

I mean, it seems obvious, doesn’t it? Come on... think about it.

Fantastic post! Elon and Slim Pickins is a great connection.....and I had a 2nd laugh when I was reminded of just how contemporary that movie really can be given some of the recent government discussions on similar topics:

Status
Not open for further replies.