Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable:General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two very important questions:
1. Out of that 80k lb GVW, how much is payload?
2. Where the heck is the 7c juice coming from? Guaranteed? So Tesla is going to subsidize this with their cash flow from where?

Curious what the market will think of this. 1 million mile guarantees and guaranteed electricity price plus a new megacharger infrastructure seems like a crapload of capital and/or liability that seems a stretch right now.

• Funny
Reactions: RobStark and MikeC
That's indeed pretty much "mind blown" - wow, didn't expect the roadster. Good move I think that's an ICE-kill all around: From Semis to performance cars, Tesla asserted dominance tonight - that should kill Mission-E etc. nonsense. If Porsche wants to go to market in 2019 with 2012 Model S specs, they better up their game. I see folks in VW Group throwing fits / having nervous breakdowns now...

Roadster is mind-blowing (I want one!)

Too bad the feed was so *sugary* but as Elon suggested Semi far exceeds speculated specs:

500 mile range -- not some short range, over sized delivery van (critical!)
Worldwide mega charger network
20% less true cost to own (this is HUGE)
50% less true cost to own when platooning (competitive with railroads)
400 mile recharge in 30 minutes
1 million mile powertrain warranty
Safer (convoy technology TODAY 10X safer than human driver)
Solar powered

This is clearly going to be a game changer. Only question is how fast.

Last edited:
NEW ROADSTER

600 mile range
1.9 sec 0-60
8.9 sec quarter mile
4 seats
250 MPH top speed

Available 2020

w
o
w

Ok, I'm super giddy, but did Elon describe this Roadster as the "base" Model? That's too funny. And no, I do NOT believe there will be "performance" version.

Let the ICE super car smackdown begin. Porsche Mission E? Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.