Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the message just arrived.

Yes, the challenge is to keep TSLA above 230 in the low-volume afternoon hours. Some of the shorts haven't given up with the old tricks. While capping and mandatory morning dip have mostly gone away lately, the afternoon sink into closing is still a viable strategy for shorts. Let's hope the longs pick up the volume and get TSLA back on the plus side of 230 before close.

Yes, the challenge is to keep TSLA above 230 in the low-volume afternoon hours. Some of the shorts haven't given up with the old tricks. While capping and mandatory morning dip have mostly gone away lately, the afternoon sink into closing is still a viable strategy for shorts. Let's hope the longs pick up the volume and get TSLA back on the plus side of 230 before close.
I'm hoping for a brief dip to about $220-222 so I can buy more LEAPS at a nice price.

Reactions: Turing

Holding above 230 on lower volume. Almost surprising to see.

I believe Tesla may have a stock technician on payroll, or perhaps consultants. I will have to check the details but I am fairly certain the P100D press release coincided with an important technical event on the charts. Wonder if they time a release, maybe 100D availability when we approach 236.5. The only difference is the stock price was under pressure at that time (P100D press release) so they may have felt more compelled to defend the SP.

I believe Tesla may have a stock technician on payroll, or perhaps consultants. I will have to check the details but I am fairly certain the P100D press release coincided with an important technical event on the charts. Wonder if they time a release, maybe 100D availability when we approach 236.5. The only difference is the stock price was under pressure at that time (P100D press release) so they may have felt more compelled to defend the SP.

One assumes that Andrea James might know how to read a chart?

Solid close! Looking good right now.

Yes, the volume was high enough and longs hungry enough to close above 231. There were lots of one minute periods with several thousands of shares traded, and during the closing minute we saw 239,000 shares trade. One change from previous trading is that we've seen really big numbers during both the opening and closing minutes in recent weeks. These trades don't seem to significantly change the stock price, which might be the whole point.

I would be OK with 8.2% each month :cool:

How about 8.2%/month for the next 5 years, compounded monthly. Let's see now. On 1/9/2022 share price would be $26,168. But I'm not greedy (Oh Yeah?) 4.1%/month for the next 5 years would give us a share price of over $2.57k per share.

You are correct. My 8.2/month is greedy.
I am with you, I guess 4.1 is, well, OK (begrudgingly admits it as he secretly wants 8.2):rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and TMSE
Status
Not open for further replies.