Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see 74k shares available to short now at Fidelity

Yes, they were added some time before 8:46am...

Over last couple weeks there were two-three hundreds of thousands shares available at around 8:00am at Fidelity. I need to scroll my spreadsheet with historical data back to November 28 to see less than 100K shares available at around 8:00am...

Snap1.png

Yep, still 0 at IB. Hmm. This hasn't happened in a while. Interest rate still super low, though. I have to assume this shortage (no pun intended) will only be temporary.

Feels like a mini manipulation ploy. Position yourself to benefit then pull all your shares from availability to short.

"big money" will punish the bears just like the bulls in an effort to take their money.

Feels like a mini manipulation ploy. Position yourself to benefit then pull all your shares from availability to short.

"big money" will punish the bears just like the bulls in an effort to take their money.
Hmm. That's a possibility but I think it's more likely that there are some bulls going all-in on TSLA with margin; they aren't in a position to pull their shares.

Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
This belongs in this thread as much as Aurora and Borealis belong on the living room sofas, but...better than starting a new thread...
('tho mayhap I will if there are other contributions)

Old Farts Reminiscing About Market Action

In early 1966, I got a job.
My father, or his secretary, planted me in front of the ticker tape machine or possibly the Quotron (can't recall if it existed then), and told me "The symbol for the market is 'Indu'. Let us know when it hits 1,000".

So I either watched that endless tape, or kept hitting "Indu", all the days I was allowed in the office. I am sure I drove all his employees to dive for the hatrack and the nearest bar with my nonstop "The Dow is at 993." "It's at 996.4", and on and on.
All through January and February, the DJI (to which it never was referred to then) kept bouncing off that inviolable ceiling. And then it faded, to drop into the 850s by spring and all the way into the 500s by the time I was an undergraduate, in the dreary years of the 1970s.

Dow twenty-thou? Let's hopeJan-Feb of 2016 doesn't track what occurred...omigod...a half century ago.

On edit: I had meant to include a chart; rules don't me to allow it on edit. See post #199.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoL Rick
Status
Not open for further replies.