Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maxpain.PNG
Max pain for this week moved up to $220 from $215 going into today.

Next max pain on jan 20th is much more meaningful (yearly option). Min payout for jan 13 is $10M, for jan 20 it's around $200M. This shows how much more money is at stake.

Having said that, it's about delta between max pain and other strikes, so shallowness of the curve is very important.

Last edited:
View attachment 209858

Next max pain on jan 20th is much more meaningful (yearly option). Min payout for jan 13 is $10M, for jan 20 it's around $200M. This shows how much more money is at stake.

Having said that, it's about delta between max pain and other strikes, so shallowness of the curve is very important.
and as you can see from that graph, the Jan20 strike is pretty flat, all the way from 200 up to 235ish, the option houses will be paying out about the same amount.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchJi
Bulls have bought the dip by showing up between 2 and 3pm on each of the last 4 trading days. I might try some weekly calls tmrw for fun if there is a similar pattern.

That's an interesting observation Geneclean55. One possible motive is that a big institutional buyer is picking up shares over a long time-frame and is giving a rest in the mid-afternoon to allow the price to settle a bit before resuming the buying.

That's an interesting observation Geneclean55. One possible motive is that a big institutional buyer is picking up shares over a long time-frame and is giving a rest in the mid-afternoon to allow the price to settle a bit before resuming the buying.
Could be! It strikes me that the buying is being carried out by a party familiar with how TSLA tends to trade during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
If the institutional buyer is also a heavy margin user or persistent share-lender, this would explain the low interest rates.

Reactions: Turing
Bulls have bought the dip by showing up between 2 and 3pm on each of the last 4 trading days. I might try some weekly calls tmrw for fun if there is a similar pattern.

I got tempted to play that game on this dip.... let's see how it pans out.

Edit: it is a bit unnerving to do this kind of a thing, but fun as well.

My feeling is we've had such a smooth up-trend, a bit of choppiness like this is to be expected. I'm thinking the uptrend continues, but the bumps down get bigger and the overall rate is less steep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.