Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a funny old cook. If I am still alive at your age, I hope to be half as funny. Truth is that their is substantial disease on the left. A complete ignorance of reality in favor of ideological cliches. I am surprised how left leaning you are for an intelligent old man, to be honest. For instance, would Weinstein be in trouble if he was good looking? Let's reflect on power and female stupidity for a moment. Let's reflect on why all nuance is lost and why they didn't stand up at the time but prefer today's narrative.
I was referring to George Ws speech a few nights ago when he lambasted Trupism just as did Obama in September from the same forum. I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers and, indeed, as someone who knows something about ideology as a extinguished professor of the Soviet Union, we seem to agree that ideological thinking which distorts reality so much is not only a recipe for disaster, but immoral.

You are right to care about Hollywood luminaries and Democrats who did not blow the whistle. This could be a weak rationale for posting so much political stuff, but progressives seem to agree that if the whistle isn't blown now on Trump and his enablers we will be like Weinstein's (or Bill Clinton's) enablers. Our mood, and that of much of the Western World is much like Europe in the 1920s and 30s. The dangers and prospects for good are similar but the stakes are even higher.

The good is that our times require us to care more for our own responsibility as citizens to do the right thing and people are mobilizing for that effort. If we as citizens don't take responsibility for our nation and the world, why should our leaders?

For some time I've been surprised the mods haven't given me the hook. I am sure because of the way you present yourself, with a compliment, we could have civil conversations face to face should that happen. Perhaps it would be best we use the pm facility should you wish to continue the dialogue.

Best.

More lawsuits piling on : IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Tesla, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses In Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Hmm the class period is for " possible violations of federal securities laws between May 4, 2016, and October 6, 2017, inclusive ". Let's see, what possible harm could this be if you purchased at the beginning of the class period? The argument is based on the WSJ article about banging panels by hand and using "those familiar with the matter" as the source.
Screenshot 2017-10-20 at 12.02.52 PM.png

I remember well the Crash of '87, as I was hosting the Stock Market Observer on WCIU-TV in Chicago. It was a mad scramble to get guests on the show, as many were more concerned about protecting their positions. One who did get on the show was literally drooling at the mouth.
I also remember it very well. The company I worked for supplied computer systems to Wall Street. I had flown the red eye from CA to NYC for an executive review of a big project at Merrill Lynch. Some of the Merrill folks got called out of the meeting and then abruptly ended it.

Later that afternoon I went over to the data center for the NYSE where our computers were used for some of the trading. The personnel their looked absolutely shell shocked. Trading volume that day was way beyond any system stress tests that had been conducted and the systems weren't able to keep up with the trade execution. The silver lining was we got a big order for additional hardware that wasn't in the forecast!

You are right to care about Hollywood luminaries and Democrats who did not blow the whistle. This could be a weak rationale for posting so much political stuff, but progressives seem to agree that if the whistle isn't blown now on Trump and his enablers we will be like Weinstein's (or Bill Clinton's) enablers. Our mood, and that of much of the Western World is much like Europe in the 1920s and 30s. The dangers and prospects for good are similar but the stakes are even higher.

If conservatives are saying it was up to liberals to blow the whistle on Weinstein (and in our tribalistic political environment, it was), then the other side of the coin says it's up to conservatives to blow the whistle and stand up to Trump. These days, courage has to come from inside the bunker.

Last edited:
As far as I know. The highest Model 3 production VIN thread is, it think, at 521. Lots of recent in-fighting going on over there, so may not be so easy to find.

How the heck can people be infighting about VIN's?!?!?! o_O What is there to infight about?!

The urge in any group to find a scapegoat, and once the person whom everyone pummels leaves, the need to find the next one, is very interesting.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dmvevguy
More lawsuits piling on : IMPORTANT SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Lundin Law PC Announces Securities Class Action Lawsuit against Tesla, Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses In Excess of $100,000 to Contact the Firm
Hmm the class period is for " possible violations of federal securities laws between May 4, 2016, and October 6, 2017, inclusive ". Let's see, what possible harm could this be if you purchased at the beginning of the class period? The argument is based on the WSJ article about banging panels by hand and using "those familiar with the matter" as the source.
View attachment 255105

Trying to cause the problem they are complaining about, and failing :) the more desparate the shorts get the more it makes sense to double down on TSLA. Bought another 20 today.

View attachment 255105

This has to be short-"investors" they seek?

If conservatives are saying it was up to liberals to blow the whistle on Weinstein (and in our tribalistic political environment, it was), then they other side of the coin says it's up to conservatives to blow the whistle and stand up to Trump. These days, courage has to come from inside the bunker.

How hard it is to recognize we are in the same bunker. Eventually enlightenment always comes at the inflection point but all too often too late. Too late for Hitler and the Nazis, for example, but in the interim....

Status
Not open for further replies.