Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After falling victim on several quarters in the past while adding to my position during run-ups to prior ER's that had a long stock price increase up to the ER over great news but proved to be 'buy the rumor-sell the news' events, I have found the 'sell the rumor-buy the news' ER's to be much more rewarding (and less painful to watch). Given the amount of selling we have had into some rather wonderful news of late, it sure looks like the ball is being set on the tee to allow for Tesla to decide the stock price direction next week as the market has already suppressed the price enough to allow for a 10% - 20% recovery without even a blink if the ER news and periphery discussion is a home run. Here's to a 'sell the rumor-buy the news' ER.
I am tempted to buy some post ER calls, but they are so pricey.

I spy... dark pools trying to drive price down

tsla-10.24.17-buysell-dp.png

Last few hours has been a pattern of short, cover, short, cover, short, short, short, cover, short... Helps prevent a rise when macros rose, then sold more as soon as macros went soft.

I find that to be a very interesting data point given the long walk-down despite much good news. Thanks for sharing. Do you think that suggests the MM's already have a 'heads-up' of the most likely post ER direction?
High option premiums imply an expected high level of price volatility (i.e. Price will move significantly up or down). Happens every time with ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.