Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I meant. The choice of this fraction is the "engineering" part. AP1.0 recognized more than what they have done to AP2.0 with less performance at that time.
You're suggesting that AP1.0 recognized revenue before delivering any software to run it? That's what I mean.

Of the ~15,000 AP2 cars on the road at Dec 31, only 1/15 or so of them had any software at all delivered.

The 1,000 that did, the software was only partially functional. If Tesla chose a fraction to recognize greater than zero, they would have to make an argument that they'd delivered that much of the product.

You're suggesting that AP1.0 recognized revenue before delivering any software to run it? That's what I mean.

Of the ~15,000 AP2 cars on the road at Dec 31, only 1/15 or so of them had any software at all delivered.

The 1,000 that did, the software was only partially functional. If Tesla chose a fraction to recognize greater than zero, they would have to make an argument that they'd delivered that much of the product.
Yes. And Tesla is doing things differently this time. That's the "engineering" for next Q I meant.

Reactions: PaulRocket
Approaching 1 million for after hours volume.

And as a note to the AP2 discussion. I don't even think to use mine. It's one of the two things I can honestly say sucks about my MS. The other is the nav system but that's another discussion. Hopefully an update is due to make AP2 functional, and soon. I miss using it. Won't even consider purchasing self driving until it is up and running as intended.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.