Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had calls that were DITM expiring next week with the intent to exercise, should I just let it run until the last day before executing?

Theta decay won't matter I wouldn't think under this situation but just thought I'd ask the pros for peace of mind.
IMO there's basically no reason to exercise any time other than on expiry day.

Either you can sell the option and try to save whatever time-value it still has, and then buy shares with the cash, or you can hold to expiry and exercise.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
If I had calls that were DITM expiring next week with the intent to exercise, should I just let it run until the last day before executing?

Theta decay won't matter I wouldn't think under this situation but just thought I'd ask the pros for peace of mind.
That's not a decision about opposite. It's a decision about TSLA's SP.

Maybe an example will help. Our June $315 calls have a delta of $0.91 and a theta of $0.17xx, and the time value is $5.45.

Edit Addition:
I just noticed you said exercise. Exercising is foolish, because you are getting zero for the $5.45! If you think that the SP has peaked you should sell the options and buy stock. It's a no brainer. Exercising only makes sense if you hold until they expire, which only makes sense if you believe that the SP will be at the highest point near the close on the Friday of expiration.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
The stock is looking strong.

The potential of Tesla Network and Tesla Energy is incredibly underestimated.

The undervaluation, in my opinion, is so deep that I'm not even looking at the stock price as I do with some of my other holdings.

Tesla Network revenue is probably peanuts considering most Tesla car owners are not going to be like Uber and considering that Elon stated that majority of the revenue would go towards the drivers/owners.

Source: Elon Musk On Tesla Network: "It's Not Tesla Versus Uber, It's The People Versus Uber"

option_sniper-1.png

I'm going to be waiting at least until it retakes $340, and holds it.

Tesla Network revenue is probably peanuts considering most Tesla car owners are not going to be like Uber and considering that Elon stated that majority of the revenue would go towards the drivers/owners.

Source: Elon Musk On Tesla Network: "It's Not Tesla Versus Uber, It's The People Versus Uber"
If we can fund a second M3 or a replacement, or a MY we will definitely rent our M3 eventually. I believe that a substantial percentage of M3's will get rented out eventually.
wrote 6/2 332.5$ puts when it was above$340. kinda regretting that move
It's still close to amateur hour. It could turn around for you and for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.