Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the last time TSLA fell 19 dollars in one day, but I was waiting for this to hop in.

One thing led to another and I'm now 280% of my life's savings into TSLA. If you're wondering if it's scaring the bejebus out of me, the answer is yes. Suppose I'll get used to it eventually. If I think TSLA will do as well as I think it will, this is the logical course of action. Still scares the hell out of me though. The further it gets away from 360.87, the better I'll feel though.

A lot of stocks are taking a beating
2352352.JPG

Max pain really does seem to be coming into play today. Steady drop to 360, then started to test 356 and the buying programs kicked into action like a beast, shoving it right back up to 359 within seconds.

Also, this is not investment advice but holy crap borrowing 280% of your net worth to buy one stock, any stock, seems crazy. That's how people get in really big trouble. Please be careful with money you can't afford to lose. Missing out on some gains vs. risk of bankruptcy that destroys your entire life is just not worth it.

Max pain really does seem to be coming into play today. Steady drop to 360, then started to test 356 and the buying programs kicked into action like a beast, shoving it right back up to 359 within seconds.

Also, this is not investment advice but holy crap borrowing 280% of your net worth to buy one stock, any stock, seems crazy. That's how people get in really big trouble. Please be careful with money you can't afford to lose. Missing out on some gains vs. risk of bankruptcy that destroys your entire life is just not worth it.

Fear & Greed Index - Investor Sentiment - CNNMoney

It's just eating a little into my massive amounts of gains so far. It's scary, yes, but logical.

That said, fingers crossed for an end-of-the-day miracle.

It's all in the Blind Faith thread. Near term targets are not as sensitive to long term price target as one might think. This is because the discount distribution is calibrated on actual price history. Anyway this has all been developed and debated in the BFPT thread.

I skimmed through it for now and will dig in deeper, but:

4% annual dilution?! Over ten years that's nearly 50%! I'll be surprised if there's any... That's a huge difference between our views.

What is the logic for the very important assumption? And please don't say that's been the historical trend.

You lost me there tbh...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Status
Not open for further replies.