Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
特斯拉两年谈判终落地:牵手上海国企落户临港 - 21经济网

Some juicy detail:
1. Negotiation started 2 years ago
2. All along Tesla had asked too much to reach an agreement with the Shanghai Government, until now
3. The production will be equivalent to that of Gigafactory 1 in Nevada.
4. The joint venture partner will be a state-owned enterprise (SOE), which is not a conventional auto manufacturer
5. An extra benefit to joint venture with an SOE is that there should have no issue of raising capital
6. The joint venture can sell lots of "new energy credit" to other passenger vehicle manufacturers who do have enough credit, as the new energy credit is required to be 8%, 10%, 12% for 2018, 2019, 2020, respectively for passenger vehicle manufacturers.

My question is: how fast the Shanghai Gigafactory can be built to claim such credit?

If #3 is true, I would expect a "second factory in China" announcement within the next year. The market is too huge for just one factory.

I find it unlikely that Tesla is spending time to test larger battery in RCs when it's production is months away. I think it is more likely that the screen showed ideal miles for the smaller battery.
Thanks for the clarification on charging screen.

I thought most people believed that Tesla would deliver the larger battery first in the Model 3.

• Love
Reactions: FredTMC
Thanks for the clarification on charging screen.

I thought most people believed that Tesla would deliver the larger battery first in the Model 3.

The charging screen appears to me to suggest a capacity around 300mi.

I suspect that this is the 75kWh Model 3. I also suspect that the launch version we're getting will be the 75kWh one.

Too many people (short term gamblers) on one side of the boat to get a big pop. Should clear the deck and then go up IMO.
Mike dropped. Guys - I'm going to moonwalk away a bit and enjoy the summer. All my trades are on the table and don't want to chase day to day market because it can change emotions etc. all the best. Will swing by later. Trade em well.

Reactions: neroden and EinSV
The charging screen can show either rated or ideal miles, based on the settings entered on the central screen.
If the picture in question show ideal miles, the corresponding rated miles would be 264, comfortably beating range of the Bolt.

I find it unlikely that Tesla is spending time to test larger battery in RCs when it's production is months away. I think it is more likely that the screen showed ideal miles for the smaller battery.

EDIT: the picture file is too big for upload.
EDIT #2: Here are are the screenshots showing charging screen both ways - rated or ideal miles shown depending on the settings.

From previous threads also don't be confused when Europeans mention rated miles -- European cars "rated" equals North American "ideal". European "typical" equals NA "rated".

I think I'm saying that correctly. (I thought I made a mistake once before, but it turned out I was wrong :) )

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.